Reviews for The Center Cannot Hold
Nikkie2010 chapter 4 . 9/19/2013
Wow this is really good so far. I'm looking forward to see how the Twins are going to help Jazz. Also, you have the drug-addiction thing nailed down pretty good. Well-done for that.
Corseth Dragon 00 chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
Ahh I highly doubt this will be updated considering the date but one can hope. I really do enjoy this story it's a nice dark twist to the usual stuff I read. I'm interested in each characters stories though I wonder if they will all link up eventually? We've seen the most of Jazz and his struggles but will we see more of Prowl and the twins?
SunnySidesofBlue chapter 4 . 5/1/2012
Wow! I just found this story and have to say that you have me completely hooked. There is so much to love here. This whole perfectly-organized-system-except-not is a concept I really love and you are doing it superbly. It's such a cruel system, and I'll bet anything the authorities and MechTech are doing everything in their power to keep it going and make money from it (poor Starscream!) instead of actively fighting the virus. I wouldn't be surprised if they even created it originally and then conveniently blamed the Quints. I think the first part of chapter one nailed the sick, horrifying efficiency of the system perfectly - that enforcer indifferently telling Flicktread to "pass on his concerns to the proper department" before killing him. So cold! No wonder their costumer feedback is positive, since everyone who might want to complain is in all likelihood dead before he gets a chance. Nice way to tweak statistics...

The friend Jazz lost also makes it frighteningly clear that no one reacts to the sheer wrongness of it all. I can't find it in me to blame Jazz for using the drugs as an escape, though I REALLY hope the twins will be able to do something to help him get out of his addiction. I also loved the part with Soundwave forfeiting his vocalizer in order to save Frenzy. That kind of fan made back story to canon fact is always fun to read when it's so cleverly thought out.

Well, what more can I say? I'm very curious to see what part Prowl is going to be playing in this. Right now my bets are on something like Christian Bale's character in Equilibrium. Anyway, please keep up the marvellous job you're doing! *sits down to patiently wait for next chapter*
crankysnapdragon chapter 4 . 4/30/2012
Curse me and my lurker tendencies...anyway...LOVE the story keep up the good work
Krysala chapter 4 . 4/26/2012
Again, awesome job. I am regretting putting off reading it for a little while now. I feel sorry for Starscream for once, especially because he feels guilty for Skyfire. This is probably not going to end well for the poor seeker and shuttle duo. Jazz... I really hope the Lambos manage to do something for him. He's just totally messed up now. Loved reading it, well put together.
Daklog73 chapter 4 . 4/24/2012
I have actually been putting off reading this...sorry I did.

This is a great story and I cannot wait to see how this all works out. Love Sunny and Sides, I just love them to death.

I'll be looking forward to another chapter soon.
MoonWallker chapter 4 . 4/24/2012, just lol. The backgrounds on everyone are just fragging awesome! My heart broke reading about Jazz...The way you used your words there was chilling. That unseeing dead smile on Jazz's face...horrifying. Update soon! I'm very interested to see where this is going!
Sideslip chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
Looks like Starscream was too close to a solution and the powers-that-be simply could not have that! Seems like everyone has their hand in this corrupt pie.

I am intrigued with Sunstreaker and Sideswipe and their role in all of this. I was surprised to read there is no Prime. This really has me wondering what is really going on.
Cybela chapter 4 . 4/22/2012
You officially have me hooked on this story! Thanks for updating!

JaAm chapter 4 . 4/22/2012
Yay, new chapter! I love reading the bits with Ariel/Elita and the twins. Sorta like a sibling relationship. Is the twins' sparksponsor a canon character? Guess we'll find out. Great chapter!
Starfire201 chapter 4 . 4/22/2012
I've been following but it would seem I haven't reviewed so far. This is one bleak story you have here, and this chapter really shows just how bad things really are. I get the feeling that MechTech is deeper in this cybonix coding thing than they would prefer anyone to know. Like one of your other reviewers, I don't like what I'm starting to think about it.

But this is one excellent story so far, and I'll try to review a bit more often in the future. Dystopian AUs like this appeal to me for some reason.
Fianna9 chapter 4 . 4/22/2012
I've been wondering about the cybonix coding strand for a while now, and I've been drawing some very dark conclusions. I really like how you've portrayed everyone, and I'm enjoying the twins a lot. Great job.
DemonSurfer chapter 4 . 4/21/2012
And things continue to spiral out of control. I'm actually glad that you did not write any portion of this chapter from Jazz's point of view. Considering the state his mind is in, it's better to see it from the outside. Of course in the next chapter we'll probably get back inside his head as his world continues to fall apart.

Poor Starscream. So close and yet, so far. I am assuming this is the last we'll see of him and Skyfire for quite a while, probably even the halfway point. The empty seats on the Senate make me wonder if we'll eventually be meeting Orion Pax and or Megatron.

It seems like at the moment Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are doing all the plot moving, since 'Undercut' and 'Uppercut' are linked to almost all of the introduced plots. They're pretty much at the center of it all.

Great chapter!
DemonSurfer chapter 3 . 4/9/2012
Good to see some more characters getting in on this. Soundwave in particular is always a fun character to work with, analyzing his bond with his cassettes and how their conditions would affect him.

I have to wonder how many more familiar faces we'll be seeing as the plot picks up ) A good chapter!
JaAm chapter 3 . 4/6/2012
This is a really interesting plot you've made here. It's a really good read! I don't know how you're coming up with all of this but I love it! Just the beginning of the bit with Soundwave had me biting my nails. So sad! Please update soon!