Reviews for Proud
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Oh, how terribly sad. (somehow, I think her father wrote those words with his wife's wand stuck into his neck, but yet they were written and comforted Amelia).
Call me Leighana chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I would call this story heart-wrenching, but it's more subtle than that. Amelia Bones is such an interesting character - powerful, mysterious - and I think your story captures that while exploring a different angle on her.

I'm torn, though, because as effective as it is that Edwin is absent throughout the whole story, part of me would really like to have seen him interact with Amelia before now. Nevertheless, I defer to your authorly wisdom, and commend you on an excellent fic.

**A bit of a postscript** Have you by any chance been in touch with Lady Altair? Like you, she has written some excellent fics, and I would love to see more of them. She hasn't updated in over a year, though, so I don't know how effective a review would be.

I know she's on your favorites list, and I seem to recall seeing her in one of the forums in which you're active. If you have any information, could you perhaps post it in the Teachers' Lounge (where I sometimes lurk)? Maybe just a, "This girl who said to call her Leighana left me a review, and if she wants to get in touch with Lady Altair, she should use such-and-such email." I would PM her, but I don't know if that would reach her, either, and besides, I don't have an account.

Sorry about the length of that, and again, lovely story!
Rita Arabella Black chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
This broke my heart. It was so sad; and something everyone (well, a daughter, anyway) can relate to. Brilliant.
Poppy P chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Ouch! This kinda made me want to grab my kiddies and tell them how proud and happy they make me everyday.
alix33 chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
AW!
silverbirch chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
That was a good story, that gave flesh to a minor character and realistically explains what drove her on.