Reviews for Frying Pans
Account-less chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Hello, it's the Factchecker. This story was quite nice, if you ignore the inaccuracy with you confusing starvation and malnutrition. In context, yes, most starvation cases are often coupled with malnutrition. Malnutrition is actually quite common, where one does not gain all of the necessary nutrients vital to sustain life and health; which is what it generally refers too in a refined setting. It also commonly happens over a longer period of time.
Your description of 9 days of no food would be starvation. It would have already taken 5 pounds from him, possibly more since he is active at times, burning more than the average 2000 calories a day.
HedgehogJawn chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Aww, how sweet! There's plenty of whump- and sick-fics on this website, but I'm finding a certain shortage of fics about Mrs. H taking care of 'her' Sherlock. I was very glad to have stumbled on this one. Improbable as it is, it really did make me smile!
shadowfireflame chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
I love that Sherlock is “resentful” at having to die in such a dull way! And it’s wonderful to see Mrs. Hudson being a BAMF—she really is! (Plus, I loooove the Sherlock whump; what can I say?!) Well done!
merlinandfreyaFTW chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
woah, you like merlin, sherlock and tangled. Either you're me in another life, or we've just both got a thing for malnourished blondes :) Awesome story, loved BAMF! Mrs H with her frying pan, defending 'her' sherlock! This was a really nice break from some of the other things ive been
Don'tSleep chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Fear the frying pan, Moriarty! If ever you attack Sherly in his flat, an angry landlady with a dodgy hip will belt you with a frying pan! ;D
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
BAMF!Hudson. Awesome
Dragon's Ghost chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Loved the frying pan. Very Terry Pratchett's The Wee Free Men. There's something very funny about imagining the distinct clang of metal-on-skull.
Mrs Hudson's protective streak in regards to 'her Sherlock' is adorable and John's exasperation/disbelief are both brilliant and I adore how Mrs Hudson is so nonchalant when she mentions that Sherlock 'got in a sword fight with some funny looking man' and that '(Sherlock) doesn't seem capable of standing by himself' as though that's not going to send John into a rush of not-quite-panic.
Great narrative. Thanks for the laughs and the 'aw's. Loved it.
SherlockedSherlockian chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
So absolutely hilarious and cute! Love it, love it, love it!
Swedish Sherlock fan chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
I loved it!
Phoebe Cloud chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Whoo! Mrs. Hudson being a BAMF! :D
Katherine chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
AHHH! I LOVE THESE SO MUCH!
Tammy chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
And thank you for writing. Sweet, and in character.
Corey5268 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
...It's only BORDERLINE crack. I mean, Mrs. Hudson WAS married to a murderer. It was quite good though.
SarahKnight chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
And I thought Mrs Hudson was going to save him from malnutrition by making a fry-up, haha. Liked this. Funny, well-timed, nicely written. Thanks :)
Prothoe chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
If you managed to make me smile? Oh god, yes! ;)

A sick/hurt Sherlock a caring Mrs H a caring John absolutely priceless!

I would really love it if you could write more of such fics for I always like to read humour h/c stories. Besides, they are the best medicine against "Between season 2 and 3 (or post-Reichenbach)-depression"...

That Sherlock has to pay for disregarding the needs of his body was a great idea! So, if you are taking prompts, I always thought that it is also about time that he has to pay for the unsavoury (is this the right English term?) fridge. Can't imagine how many germs it contains... And a sick Sherlock is somehow one of the cutest "things" on earth;) Don't want to force you to write something - I just had to put the idea somewhere;)

Anyway, thanks for "Frying Pans"!