Reviews for In the Presence of My Enemies
Tiphiria chapter 12 . 9/8/2013
Let me guess... your PHD is to do with history? ;)
Anyway, yet again, this was a truly wonderful story!
Tiphiria chapter 12 . 9/8/2013
Roger Weaselly - Ron's ancestor I guess?
This was truly amazing, your historical knowledge is fantastic and the story was brilliant and well written. Thank you so much for writing and uploading this! :D
Quaternary chapter 12 . 6/8/2012
Your longer stories are great! All the call-forwards and characteristic painstaking research are half the fun. I really liked the plot of this one, and the way it all came together is awesome.
iwright chapter 10 . 4/3/2012
Typo - "He glanced back long enough to see the Hoggewartes champion pulling a metal vial from his satchel his satchel"

I hope you're ready to deal with the fanboys who'll think you're ripping off D&D. Better get your citations in order...
scherre chapter 9 . 4/1/2012
that sounds like an interesting story about Saint Mungo :)

I continue to enjoy your clever and educational looks into both wizarding and muggle history. Thank you for continuing to write them :)
iwright chapter 8 . 3/27/2012
"nearly knocking over his pumpkin juice"

Aren't pumpkins from the Americas?

A minor nitpick. Otherwise it's a good chapter. Gee, I wonder why George would leave his charming classmates behind?
iwright chapter 6 . 3/13/2012

Sometime in the 19th C would seem reasonable, given both the population explosion and changes in social attitudes in that era.

The conflicts here fit with the idea I've seen floating around that wizards and witches didn't start thinking of themselves as a seperate 'ethnicity' until fairly late in their history, sometime in the 16th and 17th Centuries. Before that they probably thought of themselves as English/Welsh/Scottish first, witches second.

And I still think Hvalpuf is Norse.

Anyways, another good chapter.
ehogsmeade chapter 6 . 3/12/2012
I must say, the most masterful stroke here is in the notes: "I suspect that eventually, sometime before the twentieth century, the second-floor Potions classroom was converted into a girl's bathroom." How often I have pondered how the anachronistic sinkhole to the Chamber might be forgiven. Setting the famed Welsh green attack with a perfect muggle-worthy excuse is wonderful bit of work with the canon as well. Cheers!
iwright chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
I love the level of detail here. I also like all the OCs and the story itself. You do an excellent job of mixing the information into interesting stories.
MuggleBeene chapter 3 . 3/6/2012
I feel like I'm reading a really good BBC history piece, but instead of being on TV it's about witches, wizards, and the very beginnings of all the traditions that were so entrenched when Harry, etc. attended Hogwarts. I'm glad I'm fairly up on my history, but I know that if there's anything I'm really struggling with the footnotes will make it plain.

Bottom line, a very enjoyable read that doesn't require a lot of footnotes, a great mix of history and story. Fascinating. Can't wait for the next chapter.
scherre chapter 2 . 3/5/2012
I love how you include historical facts and references appropriate to the time of these stories. It's a fun look at how the HP world we know might have come to be and learning new things is a lovely bonus :)

The weaselly-looking Roger of St. Catchpole has raised my curiosity..