Reviews for Keturah
Gil Shalos1 chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Beautiful and sad. Heart-breaking, in fact. You pack so much into so little - great artistry.
Otto's Goat chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
"When I sent you to the desert

When pain overtook love

When fear overtook desire

Even your eyes

Could not cry enough water for your child."

Seems silly to copy and paste what I think of this, but it is probably the best I can do. Beautiful.
naltariel artanis chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
I realy like this piece. I dont know if this is your best or not, but I always think each of your fic is a masterpiece of its own.

This poem captured the sadness of living in that time where the masters treated their slave and servants inhumanly cruel.
Lady of Mordor chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
I totally agree with Tallulah... nasty from a religious point of view, excellent from a literary one... I luv it!
Klementari chapter 1 . 2/12/2003
Wow. I was deeply moved by this piece. I remember wondering at the relationship between her and Sarah as a child. I was told that the Judeo-Christian story was that Sarah told Abraham to send Hagar (whom we call Hajira) and her son away, but the Islamic story was that Abraham chose to settle his first wife and the second (who had been her handmaiden) them far from one another for reasons that did not seem to indicate jealousy or competition between the half-brothers Ishmael and Isaac. I never heard the Keturah version, and the femslash adds a dimension that will keep me up pondering tonight.
lastpaperbender chapter 1 . 10/15/2002
Very interesting and provocative. I've often thought that Hagar deserved a more in-depth look than she got in Genesis. Where did you find the information that she is associated with Keturah? I'm very curious about it. Anyway, well done!
m.shell chapter 1 . 8/22/2002
just wanted to express my appreciation for this piece-very textually creative (even with my strong femmeslash orientation, i'm not sure i would have seen inspiration in the sarah/hagar story!) and very lyrically put. and, wow, i never expected to run into another bible femmeslasher-! _
Greenleaf-legolas chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Already reviewed, so can't do another signed review. But I gotta say:

Bravo, Soledad! Nicely said.
Soledad chapter 1 . 7/27/2002
I find this story beautiful and moving. And I don't believe it would be insult any one with an open mind. Besides, you *did* include a warning in your summary. So when people get offended on principle, why do they read things they know they would get offended? And if they *don't* read them they shouldn't review, either.

In my opinion, God has a much brighter understanding for different kinds of love than most religious people do. We should forget doctrines for a while and take a look at the ture meaning of love. But, as someone before me had said, it's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to disagree.
Nienna29 chapter 1 . 7/26/2002
Somehow I don't think that it's right to do Bible slash. If you aren't Christian I can understand why you might, but I am and I don't think that homosexuality is what God intended for the human race. I think that this pairing slanders the mothers of the nation of Israel. This is only my opinion, so please don't be too offended.
Maia1 chapter 1 . 6/2/2002
A moving portrayal of both the

altruism and the self-centeredness in romantic love, both the possessiveness, and the redemptive potential. Beautifull wrought.
Arwen Imladviel chapter 1 . 5/25/2002
interesting. Sweet.
Tallulah chapter 1 . 5/22/2002
Not sure if I agree with this from a religious POV, but from a writer's POV it was excellent! A dramatic and mature poem! Well done!
naltariel chapter 1 . 5/22/2002
wow! I am so amazed of how you turn unbelivable pairing into something natural, capturing her inner thought and feeling.

I like the most about Sarah's regret for sending her to desert. yea, jealousy. Poor Hagar, but I am thinking of someone with probably worse fate then hers...Leah.
Finch chapter 1 . 5/22/2002
I must admit this pairing made me frown at first. But curiosity overtook me - and now I have to profess my admiration. This is believable after all. Thanks!