Reviews for A Reluctant Terrarian
Isa Lumitus chapter 17 . 9/25
Somehow, I think that the Builder is going to have an easier time figuring out how to summon the Wall of Flesh than I did. In fact, I think he'll be quite surprised when it spawns...
Isa Lumitus chapter 13 . 9/24
I have to say, I'm liking the Player a lot more when he isn't interacting with the Guide. Also, I wonder how long until he discovers what my roommate calls "the Superman trick", where you jump, and place blocks under your feet to "fly". Too bad it only works in the shallow layers underground. Not sure that it would work at all in this 3d setting.
Isa Lumitus chapter 8 . 9/24
You know, as odd as Guile seems, I think I like him better than the Player. The Player has clearly been told that the rules of reality are different, and he refuses to adapt, never acknowledging the new rules until he's forced to.

On a writing perspective, it's getting monotonous. Too many scenes can be summed up as: 1) Guile explains what to do. 2) Player gets angry. 3) Player finally does what Guile says, and it works. The first couple of times, I gave it a pass to get readers used to the different mechanics. Now, the mechanics are established, let's either advance the plot or develope the characters.

All that being said, this is making me tempted to try my own fic, from the Guide's perspective. That being said, the twist would be that the Guide is also the Moon Lord. Overall, the story would be trying to explain why the boss events happen as they do.
Isa Lumitus chapter 3 . 9/24
I can't help but think that your player character is spending a bit too much time focusing on things that don't matter. Yes, it's necessary to explain the mechanics to the reader, but the Player sounds stupid. The only advice he has is that death is coming for him, and he's too busy asking "WTF?" to follow survival advice.
VeeVee The Writer N Artist chapter 26 . 8/1
It's such a mighty shame that this story seemed to die, I love it to bits. I like the characters, the story, how you written everyone, and how real it feels. I simply adore how you written the Guide and the voice. This story contains my most favorite interpretation of the Guide to date.

I can only hope this story will get an update later. One can dream right? Anyways, this story is great and I love it. 3
Spudly777 chapter 3 . 5/2
Story's great so far. I think I've finally found the story I was looking for!
Server lock chapter 19 . 1/11
The other terrarian's will meet him soon right?
Server lock chapter 10 . 1/10
Oh is this going to be the part where I he eats Chinese food.
Server lock chapter 6 . 1/10
Now the guides less of a troll... actually hes a scary troll.
Server lock chapter 3 . 1/10
The guide is a real troll in this.
Server lock chapter 1 . 1/10
I just got back into playing Terraria, and I liked this fanfic.
Its a shame how little reviews its gotten...
The only real problem was grammar for me in this chapter.
I liked how you explained magic.
0 chapter 5 . 4/8/2014
The Guide waited patiently for his prey, to cajole, trick, and sway. To make Wall Of Flesh fade away. And bring forth Terraria's Judgement Day.
EdgeWo1f chapter 12 . 2/27/2014
Interesting characters, well developing plot, and impressive writing style. I have read published works written more poorly than this. Excellent work. Definitely awaiting future chapters.
starburst98 chapter 19 . 4/9/2013
i like this thing a lot. is a good read.
Spyder Z chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
And one more time... O.O!