Reviews for The Domino Effect
Mercury'sShadow chapter 1 . 8/9
Great story. Really enjoyed this. Thanks!
dianne chapter 8 . 3/23/2012
Loved the dialog and the episode. thanks
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 8 . 3/14/2012
"I'm planning, my friend, to go home to my house, and my mortgage, and my classroom. I'm planning that, the next time I see you, we won't be playing cops and robbers with real bullets."

"Well, now, I can't promise you anything, you know. You wouldn't want me to lie to you."

"Lie to me."

Awwwwwww. So sweet, and so perfect, and with that teeny little - is there such a thing as waspish wistfulness? So glad you resurrected Kelly's love interest, and that thing with the limp is perfect. "Makes them feel guilty." Take advice on women from Kelly, men of the world. Ooooooh, delicious!

Beautiful ending.
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 4 . 3/11/2012
"You know you can see the Washington Monument from here?"

Kelly groaned softly, exasperation mixing with an increasing pain in his lower back. "No, actually I did not know that. Did you know your shoe's untied?"

"No kiddin'? You mind tyin' it while you're down there?"

"Give me one good reason not to drop you."

Just, :) :) :)

So where's the rest? :)
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 4 . 3/9/2012
"Can you reach the ropes on my wrists?"

"I don't think so. You?"

"I can't even find your wrists."

"That's a problem."

:) :) :)

eeeeee. thank you.
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 3 . 3/9/2012
"It was Susan's, and it's alive."

think I'll come back to speak coherently when I'm done crying, thank you very much :)
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 2 . 3/9/2012
So glad I managed to review your first chapter before this one knocked me speechless. OMG that first conversation, it almost made me cry more than once. So them, so much emotion in so few words - but also, the bitter knowledge of what different worlds they live in, how long they've been apart.

And your StillGotIt!Scotty with the bugs? Worth the price of admission just by itself.
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 1 . 3/9/2012

Ohhh - I'd already been swooning at "You blink at the wrong time and he'll know you're there, and he's not above wrapping you head to foot in masking tape and sending you back here C.O.D." - adorable, especially the "not above" and the "C.O.D.", esp. with the little shift to the junior's POV where he imagines it. And while we're at it, the wonderful recitation of the relative degrees of pollution in major cities in present tense - I was just flashing onto a bunch of major novelists there.

And then, omg that riff on the poor pest in the university: perfectly done, at first, so taht we don't suspect anything, and then a moment of, "Oh crap, it couldn't be...?" and then the shock of the explosion. The tires are the icing on the cake.

Thrilled and chilled, and off to read more. I do hope your archive is inexhaustible.