Reviews for The Operator
Zim'sMostLoyalServant chapter 9 . 4/19/2012
Again, the cliffhanger was pretty good, don't worry about it. Meanwhile, nice job on making the Crazy House very disturbing (especially that hallucination when he broke in). I look forward to seeing what happens next.

Keep up the good work.

Zim'sMostLoyalServant signing off.
heartin bleach chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
THAT WAS AWESOME! The description, the monster, ... EVERYTHING! Loved it.
OceansGratitude chapter 9 . 4/18/2012
I like how you had Gaz act helpless there. It added a lot of realism, and it was pretty satisfying after how rude she always is. Dib was excellent too. I wanna hug the poor guy. Can't wait to see what you've got next!
Musicture chapter 8 . 4/14/2012
This has been sitting in my email for how long now? *head desk*

Anyways, this is really good. I love how you describe things. It's very easy to start reading this and get into it. And I dunno, I quite like your metaphors :D
PoisonTakesMeAway chapter 8 . 4/13/2012
This is by far THE BEST STORY I HAVE EVER FREAKING READ ON THIS SITE.
Surrogate-Reality chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
This is not a nice story.

And I mean that in a good way. It's quite dark!

Very wise to write it as the deeper into the complex Dib goes, the deeper into his head we get. Intriguing glimpse into Dib's past and present motivations. You're also very good with the morbid descriptions here; You don't spare the details. Very effective!

So the cat's out of the bag and Zim really is on the loose. I wonder if he had help...GIR perhaps? With how you've written it so far, I'm not sure if Dib is going to win this time.

Well done, good luck on your classwork!
OceansGratitude chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
Awesom awesome! I don't know what you're talking about, dissapointing anybody. This chapter is pretty darn good. I really liked Gir in this; he's cuter when he at least shows some loyalty to Zim. And I liked the part when Dib reflected on Zim's autopsy. Your writing has a lot of deptth. So awesome, you gotta say it twice. Awesome awesome. :)
Nyan.kitties.with.Bacon.Soap chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
This stories coming out really great so far, however I would like to point out that Membrane is Dib's father's first name, not last.
FattySkeleton chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
jesus christ.

Everything hurts and nothing makes sense.

also, his name is roger?

And now i'm even more convinced that the bad guy isn't Zim. Just because we've heard him talk, and god dib, remember to tell someone or leave a fucking message or something. and motherfuck this is scary as hell.

and i really love e how Dib mentioned how he now prefers to hunt thing that you cant cut open.

and i just sorta see dib packing on all sortas of technology or something, or more intreting, what if DIB is the slender man?

but like i said before, please don't kill off Gaz.

And jegus, now i'm thing if it really was Zim who is the main bad guy i bet he's been practicing on the kids, learning how to kill/keep the dib alive while he cuts them open.

and you did a wonderful job on the angst. The fact that you made the looking back on the past thing happen while he was doing the mindless act of walking and not on of those you relive your life in a secound things. but yess. you did great and fine, and i expect that no matter how fucking dangerous the ZIM is now that Dib and Zim banter the fuck up.

also, i still can't see Zim as being able to be this hard ass, even after that sorta thing. like i expect zim to kick Dib in the nuts and then to be all, now we're even, and they go and start a crime fighting buisness for the paranormal.

I just so far can't see your zim as scary, i can't connect the Zim over tthe phone to the corpse, or the chasing of the dib, or the thing dib chased, it seems like there's more than one.

please clear all of this up but i request

BAD

ENDS

and that means no killing of the characters i like, or royally fucking them over.
invaderRaz chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
This is pretty good XD
watermelonwafflesBISCUITS chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
This is one of my favorite chapters right behind The Forest (Chapter 6). And yeah school work can be killer. Have you ever had to do a DBQ? Or have heard of them? Ugh, it's things like this story, Fundip and music that get me through life. Got to love the description and effort put into this. Keep The Epicness Up!
Zim'sMostLoyalServant chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
So it really was Zim after all? Gotta say, I was half expecting it not to be. In any case, I like how you handled the reveal, and the flashback to Zim's capture. Nice work on the emotions involved (oh, and GIR's presence was a nice contrast to said flashback).

Keep up the good work.

Zim'sMostLoyalServant signing off.
SaintHeartwing aka Ngrey651 chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
Ya want feedback? I'll give it to you.

I REALLY liked this chapter. I am not even joking or mocking it.

Too often in Invader Zim stories, Zim is played up as this person we should "admire" just because humanity is...well, stupid and ignorant. And when THAT'S not happening, we see Dib as being portrayed as totally sanctimonious in his "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude.

Now, YES. Zim is a threat. If Dib hadn't interfered, several of his plans WOULD have probably hurt a lot of people. YES, Dib has the right to defend his planet. YES, Dib has an unfair advantage in terms of technology, training and pretty much everything else because Zim can literally sign off on a notepad and order a doomsday weapon. But are Dib's motives wholly good? Not entirely.

YES, he DOES have a savior complex, and I admire him for, even since he was a tyke, wanting to protect people. But as you said in this story, it eventually becomes less about doing what's right and wanting to BE right. He wants to save the world, but he REAAALLY wants to be recognized for it, something people tend to forget. Seeing you recognize this facet of him and seeing him analyze himself and his shortcomings is good.

Don't think I'm letting Zim off the hook. Yeah, having him biopsied is cruel. But considering Zim tried to lobotomize several humans, almost ran over a baby on a flying pig, has tried repeatedly to destroy the Earth and replaced a poor kid's eyeballs, there's not much to make me feel sorry for him. Yeah, I don't want him tortured, such a thing demonstrates weakness, not strength, but I'm not about to go and say "Yeah, it's perfectly fair for you to take out your hatred on Gaz".
Shameful Second Account chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
OMG. Just OMG. I am in love with this story. You could become a writer if you wanted. This is just fantastic. Please write more soon! I loved it, especially the part with GIR talking on the communicator and the vivisection. Those were magnificent.
Surrogate-Reality chapter 7 . 4/4/2012
This is a pretty thrilling story so far, actually got me interested in reading up on the SM mythos. I think you've got a great concept: pitting Dib against SM. I'm not sure how well it'd go if anybody else wrote it, but you're doing a fine job keeping things suspenseful and interesting but still unique from the source material with the possibility of Zim's return and Dib's momentary glimpses of what I'm guessing is the Nightmare world. The chase chapter in particular was a great read.

I also like how you write Dib as a paranormal investigator. In a way, it reminds me of a noir story only with less seedy back-alley crime and more supernatural terrors. Keeping the focus on Dib and his psyche's responses to events was a great move; Don't change that. I'd be interested in seeing this in first-person, but you're doing pretty well so far so it's fine as it is.

Nothing negative comes to mind at the moment, so all-in-all, an eerie and well-done story that has me glued to the screen while reading, keep at it!
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »