Reviews for A Father for His Daughter
skadoo chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Thank you this was great.
Kerry J chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Oh, the companion piece! Wonderful as the other! I loved how excited Kathryn was at the news and that the knocking incident was rehashed. :D And of course the J/Cer in me loved the banter and teasing between the command team as well.
PinkAngel17 chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Awww, so cute and funny! I loved the almost playful chat between Janeway and Chakotay. Especially Janeway's restrained excitement about it all. And I was totally imagining the scenes when Tom asked each of them for permission. Absolutely great story! :)
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
That was really cute from so many angles. The bit between Chakotay and Janeway just hit me straight in the heart, his words about the father/daughter relationship. It was such a nice fit with the other story with Chakotay and Tom. I really do dig explorations of Chakotay and B'Elanna's dynamic and that last part between them was perfect. Both of them acknowledging that they have all changed during their journey is so simple but so important.
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
You're more than welcome... I look forward to reading more of your J/C moments! I particularly love your exploration of the Chakotay/B'Elanna relationship - the idea that he can't wait to walk her down the aisle, the almost father/daughter thing. I'd love to see you explore this more!
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Aww, how very sweet (and thank you for the mention).

I adore the character interactions in this, and everyone is spot-on in their respective roles. Chakotay and Janeway bantering brought a smile to my face (Of course I would've liked a little more :P But I understand that this is a fic for Tom and B'Elanna).

"Tom, for his part, either ignored or missed the Captain's sudden fascination with his back." - Am I the only one reading that and seeing a tiny bit of J/P subtext in there? :P

"While Seven finds problems with everything that's fine, Janeway sashays into the nearest nebula and short circuits all my relays, which in turn gives Seven more imperfections to point out, and while I'm busy keeping this ship from falling apart, Janeway's in Astrometrics looking up the next anomaly!"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, don't do that. It reminds me of Tuvok." - haha, that is such perfect B'Elanna dialogue, and so very like her to complain about Seven XD

I like that you touched on the father-daughter sort of relationship between B'Elnna and Chakotay; it seems especially fitting after all the years they spent togetehr in the Maquis.

And Tom literally knocked? Wow, poor guy must've really been shaking in his boots. I wonder what Chakotay talked to him about...

CP7
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
There was something very touching about the doomed Tom and B'Elanna copies in Course Oblivion. This is a charming story that adds to their all too brief history.