Reviews for The Substitute
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Heartwrenchingly (if that's a word...) beautiful. You did an amazing job! :)
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
This was painful to read. Ziva's daughter-like devotion to him, and the tiny intamite moments between Tony and Ziva.

*sobs*

Wonderful fic, well done.
Mechabeira chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Oh. Oh my. So heartbreaking. So...intentional. Outstanding.
dvd123 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
It's more Gibbs x Ziva than Tony x Ziva for me, though I did like the subtle Tiva moments. I really love this piece, beautiful Ziva introspection. You touched upon the unique Gibbs x Ziva relationship so craftily that this piece was utterly sublime. :)
krg11 chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Beautifully written.
Lizbuedinggmail chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Brief and beautiful - really touching and exactly in character.

Many thanks!
laffers18 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
You made me cry...if I didn't love you we'd have to have a serious chat ;)

*sad sigh*

This was just perfect. You captured Ziva perfectly, and I loved the small, meaningful interactions with Tony. Subtle, and all the more effecting because of it.

Bravo Jen...wonderful, albeit sad.
USAFChief chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Exceptionally well done. I probably would not have read it had I known ahead of time what it contained, but I'm glad I did read it.

Thank you.

pdf
sopmire chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Wow! Gosh what a terribly good story. Terrible. and Good. Thanks so much for writing and sharing!
Amilyn chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
I want to quote every word of this at you out of pure joy in its perfection. The mental note to hug McGee because his grief would be easily overlooked, her talking to Gibbs, refusing to leave him, her knowing from the moment he was late that it was not all right...and her *acceptance* of that, quiet, sad, loyal acceptance, at every step, including looking ahead to the soon when they would do this for Ducky. Her conviction that they will be all right, her saying that she will put "pebbles on his grave, so everyone would know he had mattered," and her understanding that Gibbs will not and should not be upset, since he will be back with his girls. This is beautiful, and your very concise and simple style of writing lends itself to this so well to give it even greater strength because it's not embellished but merely true.

The two most beautiful moments, though, are: her whispering because "that is what one does when saying things one does not believe...or which one does believe, but only deep down and only when it matters." and "for whom standing in had been the pleasure of her life."
ringsofakhaten chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
This. Was. Excellent.
janno chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Just read "The Substitute". I tend to evaluate the quality of fan-fiction (though not intentionally) on the basis of whether I could have written the story as well, or better. You win - hands down. Couldn't have written this - but really wish I had!
Harleyzgirl chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
One word: excellent!
NotYetLostFaith chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Wow. Okay well that made me cry, a lot. If Gibbs has to go on the show, I kinda wish it would be like this. But wow, oh, wow.
twitch25 chapter 1 . 3/14/2012