Reviews for The Substitute
Mooncombo chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I haven't read any fanfic in months, but this was recommended and I can see why! I love the way you've portrayed Ziva here, it's very true to her character. Nice job!
ProfeJMarie chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I have no business being here, but whatever. Good writing is good writing and sometimes surpasses content, so I figure I'll comment on it when I see it. ;-) You will just have to trust me that while loyalty has me reading, contributing to these reviews is sincerity.

Your story summary line is the best line of this piece.

And then I like what the next line conveys: "Gibbs being late and Gibbs being okay were mutually exclusive."

Great choice with the structure and as is your usual talent, you encompass wonderful emotions in just a few words.
Ryalin chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
You are to be truly commended. This beautiful, heartbreaking, tear inducing masterpiece is a true testament to the show and its characters. You captured Ziva perfectly, and I loved how accurately you included many of the Jewish traditions regarding death and burial.
Pitselehvv chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
The last paragraph is definitely my favorite. Ziva is someone I would never consider as a stand-in because she is too unique for that, but she has always taken a place that would belong or used to belong to someone else-Kate, Kelly... But still she manages to make that space her own until it becomes something else entirely. Tony's relationship with Kate was never what his relationship with Ziva is. Same with Gibbs-he has become Ziva's father figure, but it's more protective than tender, and that wasn't the case with Kelly. Excellent piece. Very well written POV.
tivaandmcabby chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
very touching indeed. brought a tear to my eye. a good story, well done :D
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
So lovely yet heartbreaking, Jen!

Glad the muse is back!
petuniatc chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
OK, good one but we really need to come up with some sort of kleenex warning system. This story needed one. Yes, Ziva's right - Ducky would go soon after Gibbs (that would be a hard autopsy for him - not as hard as Kate but still hard). Tony would step up and take Gibbs' spot while McGee would step up to Tony's spot and Palmer to Ducky's. Only Ziva and Abby would stay in place - and all a little sadder.
magickmoons chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
And I was just wondering when we'd see something new from you!

Oh my god, you just broke my heart in the absolute bestest way. I just love the quiet, calm feel you weave through the whole piece, Ziva's acceptance before the others even realized there was a problem.

I also loved the evolution of her (character/thoughts/beliefs) throughout this. At first she stays with Gibbs because she is good at the practicalities, then because of traditions that she does not believe in, then because just maybe she does believe in them after all.

You packed so much into such a short, beautiful piece. Thank you :)
EowynGoldberry chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I thought it was good even though it was sad. I think it would surprise a lot of people if he died at home instead of in the field. I think that is how they would react. I liked that Tony knew Ziva wanted him to go with her even if she didn't vocalize it.
39 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3