Reviews for The Silver Doe
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 3/12
This one gave me shivers, especially at the end. Bravo.
RB chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Brilliant!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Amazing! *Crying*
CelticGlamazon chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Beautiful and utterly heart wrenching.
musicalkilljoy chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Beautiful...
MinervasBibliophage chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
That was incredible. You completely broke my heart, but that was incredible. The style was amazing, especially since you were able to keep it throughout while still having it rhyme. You are absolutely fantastic. Kudos for an impeccable poem.
Bonnie5572 chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Thank you for an incredible poem. Wow! That must have taken a long time to write.
kci47 chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Wow, lovely!
Sithtar chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
A very difficult thing to write a poem to an existing rhythm. I love "The Highwayman" especially the version done by LoReena McKennittt (she put it to music first appeared on her album The Book of Secrets). As a result I found myself reading your work to her music which just added to it. Very, very nice.
inkling blot chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Yay! You're back! And with three new stories too. Now I shall savor them.

"The Silver Doe" is haunting. The plot twist was unexpected but interesting. Having a full story in rhyme and metric must have been challenging to write! I know that I would have trouble finding rhyming words that convey the story well to the reader.

One thing I'd like to learn more about is - what were in Hermione's memories to Snape? Maybe I missed it (and thus prompts for another rereading!)

Thanks so much!

inkling
arioso dolente chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Really beautiful. It's so 19th-century, and I recognize the source for that, but the word choice and the way you've adapted it for the story is really wonderful. Thanks for writing!
mummsy chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I love the poem - one of my favourites. You have done this really well, and maintained the bounce and rhythm or the original. Well Done - thanks