Reviews for The Silver Doe
Golden Asp chapter 1 . 6/27
Bloody buggering hell, that was f*cking amazing. The Highwayman is one of my favourite poems, especially the version sung by Loreena McKennit, and I could hear her voice in my head singing this version, and it was so freaking beautiful and amazing. Great job. This is definitely going into my favs.
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 5/1
This is utterly gorgeous.
Toodleoo chapter 1 . 1/4
Good grief! You're absurdly talented. This was such a marvel, all heartbreak and angst and dense, turn-of-the-century word choice, wonderfully lyrical and driving as it captures Noyes's meter and transforms it into something new.

This stanza? Brilliant. "This place, once home and haven had become an empty shell... how could all of them be gone?" Oh, man. The word choice is exquisite, the alliteration and assonance of it all.

And the ending? Gah... thank you for at least letting them end together. That final bit is particularly sensational: "A reminder midst the fighting, / Of that which is abiding, and what is left behind."
Shinsei Tonbo chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
Loving The Highwayman I couldn't wait to read this. You did the style justice and you had me tearing just like the first time I had read Highwayman in high school.

Absolutely lovely, doll.

ST
Ice Demon Ranger chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
Fantastic. Thank You for sharing.
candycanecoolio chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
This was so brilliantly done. It had rhythm and it flowed, and it kept me reading. This was excellent and so well thought out, and obviously had tons of work put into it. It was simply excellent. I don't review often, but this really moved me. Well done, fantastic. Please keep writing, you are brilliant. The ending was the best part, by far. Overall it was awesome, and I will be reading it in the future. Beautiful.
ljpjcg chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Unexpected and wonderful and unique and so many other superlatives. I've never read a plot twist such as this.
CRMediaGal chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
WOW! I'm at a loss for words with this marvelous, heart-wrenching, brilliant piece. It's perfect.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Oh, my goodness, this is good! It seems to me you used the pattern of "The Highwayman" for this poem, but you made it all your own.
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
This one gave me shivers, especially at the end. Bravo.
RB chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Brilliant!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Amazing! *Crying*
CelticGlamazon chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Beautiful and utterly heart wrenching.
musicalkilljoy chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Beautiful...
MinervasBibliophage chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
That was incredible. You completely broke my heart, but that was incredible. The style was amazing, especially since you were able to keep it throughout while still having it rhyme. You are absolutely fantastic. Kudos for an impeccable poem.