Reviews for The Thickened Light
SleeplessNightsOfGrape chapter 3 . 4/8
The intricacy of detail you have here is absolutely gorgeous! I found it all incredibly well written, and highly satisfying - pardon the cliche, but you really do have a way with words! This was a pleasure to read, thank you very much for sharing!
Kurai Ummei chapter 3 . 3/12
What fascinating webs you weave.
lilpeng1 chapter 3 . 1/7
I have been slowly reading through all your stories. I'm sorry I haven't left a review on each one but they are all wonderful. This story especially is just breathtaking. It is beautifully written and so elegant. I look forward to finish reading the rest of your stories.
WillowWand49 chapter 3 . 9/11/2013
I can't believe I only discovered this amazing story today when you published it over a year ago.
I'm so impressed with this very original and intriguing tale.
I love the dual structure and the beautiful writing style, it is really one of the best pieces of FF I've ever read.
This is going to be re-read often as it is simply fantastic!
Thanks so much for the pleasure,
Willow
Sioned136 chapter 3 . 7/30/2013
You are a thinking woman's writer. I heartily thank you for again pushing the scope of simple fan fiction into something denser, chewier. Your ability to mix plots is delightful, but to also color it with believable science and language ...c'est magnifique!
MorgauseNokami chapter 3 . 7/3/2013
Interesting and well done. Thank you.
starlite22 chapter 3 . 2/18/2013
Please include the vampire in another of your stories.
bluefirefly5 chapter 3 . 1/29/2013
I just found your story, and wow! It's an incredibly good story, with an interesting merge of science and magic in the medical background, with my favorite pairing to boot. Please, write more stories with this pairing!
I M Sterling chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
Excellent use of the first person narrative and flashbacks.
eternallie chapter 3 . 11/18/2012
This was great story; well thought-out, great structure, and a good amount of deference to source materials. de Sade as a wizard... a fascinating idea, and I'm glad you seemed to see him in the light of something deeper than a deviant. There can be a great difference between those who think of such acts, and those who commit them. But I digress.
I did feel though, that there were a couple of plot points that were a little weaker. If this was a sort of sub-story to the series, (seeing as you stuck to Harry's canon where applicable in his point of view) then it stands to reason that he survived Nagini's attack. I think Hermione would have at least a passing wonder on how. And then there is the level of familiarity between Hermione and Snape in the 'present day', which hints at a slightly more developed relationship between them, though I would think that would also bear the strain of eighteen years in which she believed him dead. I suspect you have your reasons, which didn't or couldn't make their way into this story.
MWK chapter 3 . 10/4/2012
Enjoyed your excellent fic. Interesting twist with Lucius descended from Sade.
Mari Wollsch chapter 3 . 7/24/2012
good
Guest chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
Well written, quite elegant. Interesting to see the way sanguini was brought in but it was well done. Thoroughly enjoyable.
jjunee chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
it's a very very good story. I like!
lejardine chapter 3 . 5/28/2012