Reviews for Learning to Live
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
I wanted to see what you could do with a different character so I gave this a try. Having a first chapter start out with an OC is never an easy task, so the author's note was thoughtful. You've supplied a nice background on Shizuka though to preface her meet with her future suitor. Gaara's past history is rich with suffering and pain and definitely makes the title an apt one. I wonder if it will apply to Shizuka too.

It's good to try out new things on fanfiction. It looks like Gaara's introduction will be next.
MsReinvited chapter 6 . 1/18/2013
Well, this is an interesting story. The OC is to my liking, I have always seen OCs who are always uncouth and unruly(which are too stereotypical). Good job on the story, hope to see your next update on this story.
Superpower Lottery chapter 6 . 4/20/2012
So... something's gonna happen? XD

Someone should force Shizuka and Gaara go on a date already. I mean, the elders would probably pressure them into it, wouldn't they?
Again With This chapter 6 . 4/14/2012
Nice to come back and read! I don't mind cliffhangers much, I use them all of the time. And sometimes they're really agonizing to my readers, making me feel really awesome! Anyways, it's good to see Shizuka coming out a little. This next chapter should prove interesting...
Demiyah chapter 5 . 4/6/2012
Another great written chapter! As for the part with Shizuka and Temari, it didn't bother me. They didn't loose character. And like Airheadninja said, sometimes it happens. I guess it's needed to get more progress in their relationship to have such a talk. Another reason I like your story: your vocabulary is different from the average. I'm not a native English speaker and your choice of words is inspirational to me because I'm actually learning while reading :) Looking forward to your next update!
Again With This chapter 5 . 4/5/2012
Impeccable writing, as always. I didn't see any grammatical errors. As for the story, you are right. That last part was pretty shoujo-ish. Sometimes it has to happen though. Gaara's bluntness is hopefully something she can get used to. This story is getting more and more entertaining and I look forward to the next chapter in a week!
JackoLillie chapter 3 . 4/5/2012
...OK, I'm sorta addicted to this story so please continue it.
JackoLillie chapter 2 . 4/5/2012
YAS! My favorite pairings I must say :D Again just like last chapter very beautiful and you write with great detail!
JackoLillie chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Really good and expertly written! Oc's aren't usually like but if you think about it adding new characters fits the flow of tings :) and personally I love Oc stories, please continue this awesome story.
Demiyah chapter 4 . 4/5/2012
There are a lot of "arranged marriage" stories about Gaara on the net and I admit I usualy skip reading them because they tend to be full of clich├ęs. But once I started reading your story I thought your story stands above the others in this genre because of your clean writing style, the speed in which events progress and the attention you give to shaping the personalities and thoughts of your OC and the characters from the series. I like this kind of writing a lot. I'm now really interested what will happen next! Hope you update soon! :)
Again With This chapter 4 . 3/29/2012
I thought Kankuro was hilarious, to be honest. And you're right, none of the siblings seem very domestic. It'd be a little odd to see Gaara dusting. Amusing, but odd.

The point you made about Gaara expecting fear is definitely a strong point and characteristic of this chapter, I commend you for putting that in.

The thought put into this story is making it a cut above the rest! I can't wait to read more!
Again With This chapter 3 . 3/22/2012
This chapter is a refreshing new way to look at things. Temari's outlook on the situation is very valuable and characteristic. I really can't wait to read more. Your grammar and spelling are excellent, no need to worry. I'll be looking forward to next week's update!
YellowMittens chapter 2 . 3/6/2012
I really love your story so far. Your writing is impeccable and full of suspense. I really can't wait until the next chapter.
Rixian chapter 2 . 3/6/2012
Keep writing please~!
Again With This chapter 2 . 3/5/2012
This story is so easy to read because you know how to write! I admit, I'm a bit of a demon when it comes to grammar and spelling in stories, and I always feel terrible when I make mistakes myself! But your writing is well put together.

I have faith in this plot line, and Gaara definitely had the right reaction. Shizuka is in a very realistic situation, and her attitude towards it is as well. I like her, I can't wait to see more of her personality bloom!

Congratulations on a new story and good luck writing it!