Reviews for Our Past, Our Future
MissDentistPanda chapter 16 . 11/15/2020
Furny chapter 16 . 10/27/2019
Hello! Been scrolling through the archives. I could share some constructive criticism, but overall it was well written enough to keep my attention and curiosity.
anjumstar chapter 16 . 11/9/2015
Bet you didn't expect me to finish this story so fast, huh? Well, I got you!

Anyway, I think that you hurt my teeth from all that sweetness! I know that you don't think too much of this story anymore-as most of us do with our older works, but I do have one observation that I think may make you feel a bit redeemed. This chapter, I feel, was the best. That means that it shows your progress as a writer, and you should be happy to have that in one story! Yes, the plot was largely cliche, was was the major problem. But you made the characters individual, and clearly you worked very hard to keep them as what we consider to be cannon. There were also a number of grammar and word mistakes that I was just itching to correct, but hey, that wasn't my job with this one.

The Tower of Doom had to potential to be really cool. You know how I love my action/adventure stuff in this fandom and also the climactic nature of that section brought a lot of interest. It could have been lead up to better, and I think you just need more experience with writing battles, since you don't tend to do that a lot. But the nature of that situation was kind of unique-more so than the rest of the story-and I liked it. You mentioned at one point later on that the weird man that challenged the Gym may have been connected to that; I wish that you had made something come out of that! You just kind of left it hanging. Pity. It's those things that make a story super good! I was also hoping that maybe he was the same guy that had been drunk in the woods. That would have been cool too, don't you think?

I could tell you a million more things about this story, but I have a feeling that your hindsight is telling you what most of its strengths and weaknesses are already. And if you want more feedback you know that you can always ask me! But just remember that this was your first multi-chap story. They're not supposed to be the best thing ever. But more...a delightful experience, memory, and learning experience. And even just reading that I can tell that this was. And congratulations again on finishing it!

You know I love you. 3
Tropicallight chapter 16 . 9/24/2015
So I finally read it... When I first started reading I couldn't stop myself...
This was fantastic... Some moments made me laugh...some were too cute... :)...mostly I loved Ash's careful and childish nature... Typical Ash... His intersections with Pikachu are also nice... Brock and Melody a weird couple I say... But you pulled off nicely... I loved the boldness of story... I loved the caring nature of Delia... Gee I loved many things of your story... One of the best story ever!
cray cray chick chapter 5 . 9/13/2015
umm, dude the 5th chapter is the same as the 4th.
JordanMax chapter 16 . 9/7/2015
That was such a sweet ending!

Congrats on finishing the fic :)
MegSkoomaPirate chapter 16 . 9/7/2015
Oh man. I can't believe that this is the end! I've been reading this for so long. Fantastic job on this story, it's absolutely amazing!
AnthonyC22 chapter 12 . 4/8/2015
Brock and Melody!? Never in a million years would I ever thought of that pairing. Nice story you got here.
JordanMax chapter 15 . 3/30/2015
Lol I love Ash and Misty's interaction was near the end lol "you missed... Did I?" Squee its sooo them :)
ShadowGallade chapter 14 . 1/8/2015
Finally getting around to this review; this Fanfiction is one that is a lot different than the usual stories I read. That said, I've actually really enjoyed how much you don't explain and let the reader determine for themselves. You didn't explain everything, and left a lot for us to think of on our own, which was nice. Emotions are captured and portrayed accurately, are just some sappy love confession and everything turns all peachy. The one thing that confuses me, although I am not romantically inclined, is why Ash and Misty stopped talking to each other, Misty mistakes Melody for being Ash's girlfriend, runs off crying, and then neither of them remotely speak to each other for four years. I guess it makes some sense, seems like a long time for such a little thing, but then again Ash and Misty are King and Queen of taking things too far. Do really love this story looking for the next update.
JordanMax chapter 14 . 12/9/2014
This is really good! Lol im excited to see how Ash and Misty's relationship grows and what Melody's plan is

Looking forward to more :)
iwannaread000 chapter 13 . 9/18/2014
Oh, help me Mew.

LOL .. A-MAH-ZING !
Silvereye-BW chapter 13 . 8/27/2014
And this is just plain awesome! Ash and Misty are doibg their thang, but they don't know what they are to each other. Hopefully they figure that out quickly.

Hope you update soon.
NoSignalBlueScreen chapter 13 . 8/18/2014
Very nice! I think Brock and Melody helping is great. Jessie, James, and Meowth's little chat was foreshadowish as well. This is getting interesting :P
Josh Spicer chapter 12 . 6/19/2014
Oh so there WILL be more? The way you made it sound was that ten chapters, epilogue, done. I am surprised yet relieved it isn't over yet.

Unless it is and I'm just a dum-dum.