Reviews for Be a Lion, Not a Mouse
illafant chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Constructing this review is much harder than it usually is, because you are a much better writer than what I usually encounter.

Your prose is subtle and yet precise. The details are all in what is not being said. I feel this story was painstakingly mapped out and if was not, then that speaks about the talent you have.

You set the story and describe all the ways a mouse is lacking, and by the end, the reader should concur a mouse is just a bit shy of absolutely amazing. The reader should conclude Santana is just a bit shy of absolutely amazing and Brittany sees it. Reminds me of the fable about the Lion and the Mouse. The mouse was the only one brave enough to pull a thorn out the lion's paw. I wonder if you thought this through, purposely found an animal that has such a dichotomy.

I like the repetition of some the sentence structures and words, it puts emphasis without you having to get a metaphorical hammer. You introduce new nuances to the story that it flows, your transitions are subtle and further enriching. And your motif, you never lost sight of it and every sentence adds to it. And I like how Brittany reiterates it near the end in such a subtle manner.

"It doesn't matter what your Patronus looks like, San. Your Patronus will be strong as long as the feeling that you use to conjure it is strong itself."

Some stories make me laugh with witty dialogue and laughable antics. Some stories make me cry and cringe with emotional angst and tragedy.

Your story seeps in and settles and makes me feel warm.

Awesome work and I will need to go through the rest of your works. Thank you for sharing your story and I look forward to more of your works.
ataleoffiction chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Aww, it's so cute. I love HP!Glee stuff.
I Brave Bee Stings chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
This is pretty much the cutest thing ever and definitely one of the best glee potter crossovers I've read!
gotanygrapes chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
So, so sweet :) I would die if you wrote a snippet of LT chasing/playing with Santana's mouse patronus hahaha
Nova Forever chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Okay so HP!verse Brittana fic is totally my weakness. Which doesn't make any sense as I don't even like Harry Potter that much. But drop Brittana in that environment and BAM. I'm so there.

And this was probably one of the cutest HP!brittana fics ever. I love how everyone has different visions of what their patronuses might be, but this is by far the most memorable. Just the mental image of Santana's horror when she realizes that her Dementor repelling spell is a mouse... priceless.
drumgirlvaleska chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I'm not usually a fan of crossovers, but you just convinced me how cool it is and I thought this was just perfect!
thankyouglee chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Jj I have zero interest in H.P. but your flawlessness in capturing our girls, well, I would read it in Mandarin. As a tech manual. If it meant getting a cavity filled. Hanging upside down. It makes my day, every time. Thanks for holding this story sacred just like your San does with precious things and people.
acdc27 chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
I like your story a lot. Santana with a mouse patronus - so funny and believable. I agree with the others about you having Brittana in the right houses. I've never thought of Santana as anything other than a Slytherin before your story. Now, I can't imagine her as one cause even if she is really clever, deep down she isn't a slytherin at all.
terriblemuriel chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
JJ, is it possible for you to be any more perfect? If so, then it's also possible for me to love you even more than I did. And guess what? I do. Like never before.
Conri chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Nice and fluffy! I really like your house choices, too. Thanks for sharing.
Smoops chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Absolutely adorable. You really got your house choices to fit the girls well, which I was surprised by since they're pretty unusual ones! Good job, I loved it.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2