Reviews for Gryffindor Courage
Brooklyn Byrne chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
wow that put percy in completely different light! It made me think, and now, the whole tattling thing seems almost… noble, in an odd sort of way. Awesome job!
marmar5678 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
I like Percy and he is not mentioned as much in the book as I would like. I enjoyed the story :)
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
People could’ve easily countered off how Percy Weasley was a Gryfindor with Ravenclaw intelligence. However, opposite of you, Louey, I’ve always pictured Percy’s return to be his bravest moment. But, whatever, you’re the author. I like it.
Tenshi Chupip chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Percy really is a misunderstood character I think. Great one shot!

Ninja Potter chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
I saw another Percy fic and I had to read it.

This one was also very interesting. It was kind of like Percy vs. the rest of the world as opposed to the other story where it was just Percy vs. siblings.

I really liked it for several reasons. It showed a different kind of courage. Again, your fics are making me think and see stuff I couldn't see from Harry's point of view. Percy's story here kind of reminded me of Voldemort and his school days. They both rose to the top at school. As Percy rose up, the questions were few. Same with Voldemort. It was just interesting.

Even though Percy came across different in the books, I can see how he thought he was brave for sticking up for his beliefs.

Overall, still a good take on Percy. Keep writing!
Phoenix Flare 68 chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Nice story!

People get so upset with him abandoning his family (myself included) but I guess they never see things from his point of view. Agreed it was wrong to leave his family like that, but with your story, it seems like what he did was almost...right. And if you put this little incident of family-abandoning aside, Percy's quite a nice person.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
I love Percy. I am in a minority in this respect. Yes he was a prat in school but i prefer to think he will have changed as an adult. Anyway, this was very well written and I like you characterization of Percy. I like the fact he had insecurities about his sorting.

Good Job
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Gah! You went and very nearly made me cry with the end there! It's so beautiful. I adore Percy, and you've really pulled out the best of him here – all the traits that most people are annoyed by, you've painted in a nice light. It's very well done, and very in-character for Percy. Great job!

reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
I love the way you portrayed Percy in this. There are many different types of courage. Sometimes it just takes a bit of a roundabout way to discover that.

okay, little nitpricks.

"Soon enough he went off to Hogwarts, for some unfathomable reason he was shoved into Gryffindor house." - I'd put an and in after the comma.

"Obviously the hat had misinterpreted the red hair, it couldn't have really looked into his mind" - a semi-colon might be better after the red hair...though that line's gotten me giggling.

"No one wondered why Dumbledore had been there, Gryffindor was the best house" - same as above, sans the giggles.

Nice "play on motives" as you said. It portrays Percy far better than the book did at that stage. It's always hard to say exactly who is right in those sorts of situations, but Percy definitely was brave for standing up for what he believed in...twice. And no-one even apologised to him.
Sakura Ichigo Morihiko chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
If you think about it this way, no one could ever say Percy was a prat without reason.
Invisiblegirl3 chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Most people never look beneath the surface of people like Percy. I like your perspective and voice with this.
cryptologicalMystic chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
I think awesome :)
Synchro lover chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
woah that really changed my perspective!:O
Encypher chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I like that, I never really thought about Percy as anyone other than someone to get the others in trouble, although he cared for them in his own way. I guess it would make sense that he would tattle because he was worried. That was a really nice, well written one-shot. I enjoyed it
o Sweet Disposition o chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Hey, this was really good. You gave Percy a better side to what I imagined him. Awesome job! :)

-Awsomazing11 aka Ali