Reviews for Faith and Silence
Jezebel DeTrazie chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
BEST G.I. STORY EVER! Oh my gooooooooooooooodnes! I cannot believe how lucky I am to have stumbled upon this AMAZING story! You captured the characters personality to a perfect needle-point, and I cannot praise you enough! It was funny at the most unexpected and perfect moments, and it wasn't over-the-top lovey dovey, you got just the right amount of everything! I seriously wouldn't be surprised if you were a professional writer, and I completely ship Scarlett and Snakes, so this was like a goldmine I walked upon.

WOW.
No words can describe how fantastic this story is. Just wow.

Congratulations on being the first author to blow me out of my mind.
makeup addict004 chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
I love this! All the emotions from them seem so real and true. Love Snake Eyes and Scarlett as a couple. Perfect story!
Bella Cuore chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Loved it. Fantastic!
ciana0511 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
one word. AWESOME. i loved this fic- snake eyes and scarlett are such acute couple!
Classic Cowboy chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
TV refered me to this story, and you hit the characterization and the hardsubject nailonthe head. beautifully written and easily going to go on my favorites. wonderful work!
Dootzbugg chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
I just wanted to take the time out to tell you how much I enjoyed your story. It's one of the best that I've ever read. The way that you explained how Scarlett felt about and dealt with her rape touched me. What she felt is how I felt. And sometimes still do. Thank you writing.
Prairie24 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Another wonderful story. Bronwynn inisted I would enjoy it and she was right. Good job with the characters. Well done!
4-6-0-1-7-0-4 chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Of course, Duke has to be made to look like this since in the non-canon IDW comic, he hasn’t once admitted to any mistakes he’s done. But you can’t have him be that kind of as*hole here, oh no

“Honest and true, faithful to the end”

“She didn't kiss him... and Duke was grateful for that”

I bet you are too and couldn’t wait to write that down.

They hugged before he left with Duke (who as dying, you must hve been so worried) and having read the issues in the non-canon IDW G.I. Joe where Snake and Duke team-up come back… Duke didn’t once have to tell Snake Eyes the obvious about Scarlett in anyway. When they got back, Snake and Scarlett hugged (for the second time) and Duke saw that… he knows better. As much as you would like to believe about your honest, true, and faithful hero… I doubt Snake was thinking about him, not with Scarlett in his arms.

Snake Eyes has taken off his mask, or at the very least he has removed the part where it covers his mouth to kiss her. Although you would have to read G.I. Joe under Larry Hama and not under Dixon, only then would you understand.

Is there something so wrong about writing them as the couple, based on their canon comic book characters, where they’ve been a couple for the past 30 years? A lasting relationship, something that a lot of other comic book couples can’t live up to at all. Or would that actually have you writing them as an actual loving couple where Duke plays no part in it and there’s no type of arguing bulls**t to use and a bad past that you or the non-canon IDW G.I. Joe has…
Faye Kinitt chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Really interesting story. I really enjoyed it. And i found the inpiration behing the story just as interesting.
PhantomEmpress chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
This piece... I can barely breathe after having read it. I then read it again to get a good gasp in...

INCREDIBLE.

Duke sees her as as you said "Scarlett, who'd been raped," the one who's sad secret he carries. Snake, with all his our drama and scars wouldn't see her like that, at least the Snake Eyes I love and adore doesn't.

this is so powerfully written. I have two friends who are survivors and each has a very different approach to what happened to them. The way you've written Scarlett here reminds me so much of Both of them. The one who locked herself away from love, from friendship, from male companionship even 20 years later; Scarlett in The Bunker. The one who opened back up and helped others open up and accepted flaws and scars and trauma to help OTHERS heal; Scarlett smirking in the woods letting Snake Eyes love her.

Amazing writing, thank you for posting this.
Bronwynn chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I know this sequel was a labor of love and I know I was relentless in keeping after you to write it. I hope now that it is finished, you can see why. I understand how the comics couldn't and wouldn't go into such issues, but the world of fan fiction allows us to delve deeper into the world of the Joes and add those touches of reality regarding backstory and characterization.

I loved that you brought warmth to my favorite ninja. Snake Eyes has been more reserved and aloof in the ongoing series and it seems that Dixon has yet to make up his mind regarding Scarlett. I love the characters as you have portrayed them. You are right- there is a difference between a victim and a survivor. Personal demons can be our greatest downfall and you have shown Scarlett as anything but a victim. She and Snake Eyes are both survivors and, in this fic, you have tied together all of the loose ends in the comics and brought them together.

I thought Promises was exceptional. It brought a real-life issue into the lives of the Joes. It also was a fantastic way of explaining the past relationship between Scarlett and Duke in the newer comic continuity. This sequel is nothing short of excellent. The interactions between the characters were beautifully written. I can't thank you enough for sticking with this fanfic and getting it written when I know you have many other things going on in your life. Thanks, Cybersis!