Reviews for Sohndar
Necrovore chapter 3 . 3/31/2012
You're weaving together the world well enough that I am starting to have trouble distinguishing what you have changed from the games, guess I will just have to track down my copies to play along side reading this to spot all the changes. :P The journal entry at the bottom is a nice touch and I look forward to seeing where you take it.
CervantesOsis chapter 3 . 3/30/2012
I love the fact that you add things to the game that weren't there before. Like, random guards. It makes the game seem more real.

My personal favorite of the games is Exile, but that's because it's the last of the main games that I've played. I'm looking forward to when you get to that one.

A minor word of note: Tomahna, the 'age' that Atrus and Catherine live in in Exile, is actually in New Mexico...I think. So, maybe something similar for Star Swirl and Clover?
Chaotic Brain chapter 2 . 3/16/2012
Oh dear. I really hope my pointing out the theme of five didn't completely mess you up and force you to rethink the entire plot.
Waypoint chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Dammit, now I'm gonna have to hunt down Riven on Steam or something so I can play along with this one. CURSE YOU AND YOUR COMPELLING WRITING.
CervantesOsis chapter 2 . 3/7/2012
And thus, Sohndar begins!

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Though, it's a shame Celestia didn't let anypony else come along. Ah, well. Her reasoning's sound.

For the record, Riven is nigh-impossible to navigate without a guide. Makes me wonder how these two are going to manage.
Chaotic Brain chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
While I am disappointed that you didn't let the other four join in and that you decided to put a restriction on Dash's flight (it would have been really interesting to see the ponies visit the places completely out of order), I'm glad you at least acknowledged that you considered both for a time.

One thing I still don't understand is why you rename every single age and character. It wasn't much of a problem before, but renaming Riven to Sohndar was not a good choice. I'm sure you know about the abundance of the arc number of 5 in Riven, to the point that even the name "Riven" is five letters, the middle letter (accentuated in the box art) is V (roman numeral 5), and the full title ("Riven: The Sequel to Myst") is five words long. But the name Sohndar completely throws that out the window.

Apparently your version of Gehn (Aldro) is not the father of Atrus (Star Swirl), and is in fact an entirely different species. You say he resembles a Diamond Dog, but isn't one? Could that be a hint that he's a bipedal creature? Perhaps even... a human?
Necrovore chapter 2 . 3/6/2012
Looking forward to reading the rest of this story...and hoping your muse remains strong enough for three following it :P
26 | « Prev Page 1 2