Reviews for A Warblers' Reunion
0.0 Book Junkie chapter 4 . 4/14/2014
I know RL can be horrendous. This is a beautiful story, nicely filling gaps. I appreciate you and your story.
jmkrs chapter 4 . 12/10/2013
I first read this story months ago...maybe an year ago. And I kept coming back to it. I love it. The way you beyond words to describe. You have this way of connecting with the characters, of making each scene so emotional that we feel what the characters a feeling - few writers have this gift. When Rachel was remembering how Kurt and Blaine were alwaya there for her, and most noticeable in this last chapter. I was crying by the end of it. I could feel Blaine's pain and agony as the memory of Kurt being sick filled his mind while he sang.

You are an amazing writer. Can't wait for the next chapter. Hope you update soon!
becca579 chapter 4 . 11/12/2013
I just found your story and I am really enjoying it! I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter! Keep up the great work and please update soon!
the-power-of-love chapter 4 . 7/25/2013
awwwwww that was so cute the ending of this chapter
WickedForGood13 chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
You've already heard my thoughts on this, but I thought they beared repeating again :)

I thought this was a very touching chapter, on several counts.

First, Cooper was an enjoyable addition to the mix. You know how much I love his and Blaine's brotherly interaction; and I thought it was a very Rachel/Mercedes thing to do to essentially adopt Cooper as their brother and keep him in line. And second, the emotion that Blaine shows at having to re-live the memory of Kurt's illness is very telling. They have a connection that just won't be broken; they are, truly, soul mates.

Another success, hon. Can't wait for the last chapter!
Murgy31 chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
OMG! That was so good! I loved it
deadaccountt chapter 3 . 11/3/2012
Aw that's so sweet!:)
Rori Potter chapter 3 . 9/29/2012
That was amazing! Update soon.
trufflemores chapter 3 . 8/2/2012
I must admit, I find it very, very hard to forgive Sebastian.

Part of me has just inherently pinned him down as the villain and developed him in such a way - based off canon and the tracks I've taken with my own story - that it's difficult to reconcile the two different outcomes. The first is that Sebastian remains fundamentally the same as he is in high school, albeit karma cures what compassion would take care of in a less cynical individual. Another side is that Sebastian becomes as he is here: a more compassionate, understanding individual that managed to put himself back on track after nearly being run over. He was lucky to escape serious punishment after the slushying incident, and because of that 'second chance,' it's definitely plausible that he might have turned the corner then (since, canonically, we see him asking for Kurt and Blaine's forgiveness shortly thereafter). I applaud your ability to tie that all in here and make it feasible; it's not an easy task and few have been able to pull it off.

Thus, the point that I wish to make is that we've finally found a point of divergence. I need more canonical material about Sebastian before I can accept either route, because at the moment my heart leans more towards the former (Sebastian remains cynical) versus the latter (Sebastian is redeemed). Yours is, undoubtedly, the more canonical and currently more plausible (unless of course Glee decides to revert and Sebastian becomes villainous again in Season Four) of the two, but something within me still can't fully accept that Sebastian's deed (the slushy) went unpunished. It's not that I crave his pain and suffering and unforgiveness; I just feel like a valuable lesson was lost there when the New Directions choose to let him walk away unscathed.

But it was sweet to read the alternative. I really don't want to give the wrong impression with this review so far - it's simply a point that I enjoy discussing and, since you've opened the field by including it in this chapter, I can't resist. :)

Moving on from my conflicted feelings about Sebastian (your writing was, as always, wonderful), the rest of this chapter was lovely. I liked Colin's character especially and how he ties into it. It adds realism to the overall chapter - since the likelihood of everyone within the Dalton/McKinley vicinity ending up with someone else from Dalton/McKinley for the rest of his/her life is unlikely - and it's just a breath of fresh air to read about a new character.

Not to mention Kurt and Blaine were adorable. I love their little banter before they sang - it was probably one of my favorite parts of this entire chapter - and the way they performed together. Very sweet and very /them./ You've captured the ideals of their relationship nicely here, and it was enjoyable to read. Well done! :)

Much love,
lysen5972 chapter 3 . 7/31/2012
Awesome, please update
BlurtItAllOut chapter 3 . 7/24/2012
This is so beautifully and tenderly written!

I love Kurt and Blaine's thought and memories of their firsts - first kiss and first time. You write it with so much love and care, so much understanding and empathy - it felt like experiencing it myself.

I also adore your back story for Sebastian - not many fanfictions approach WHY Sebastian did what he did. You made him more human. I don't know if I would have been able to be the better person and forgive him so easily, but it's sweet of Kurt and Blaine to do it. I guess they realize people grow up and learn from their mistakes.

I love how you show Kurt and Blaine being still in love - and even though their feelings for each other are as passionate as when they were young, their love is also more mature, maybe more solid and undeniable. They have won their battles and fought through their obstacles, and they grew stronger in the process, and now they all the trust in the world in the other's feelings.
That's what I read from this, at least.

I'm looking forward to next chapter, I guess we'll see more of the scheming there. Although I have some hypotheses... ;)
Ravenpan chapter 3 . 7/21/2012
This was SO beautiful.
Heartwarming, and tender, and forgiving, and just... BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for such a lovely update!
WickedForGood13 chapter 3 . 7/21/2012
This was wonderful! Our boys are so sweet together, and you convey that perfectly, with just the slightest touch or even a glance across a table. Kurt and Blaine make me believe in true love again :)
trufflemores chapter 2 . 6/19/2012
In the fondest way possible, I could drown in your writing forever.

I think one of the reasons we get along so well is that we are kindred spirits. I could reiterate every point that I loved about this, but I would just be agreeing with everything that's already been said.

One thing that I would like to note is that I love how you've involved Rachel in this. I absolutely adore how much of their future you've included in this, and the entire chapter was so very lovely to read. Kurt's segment was wonderfully done, too, but I just fell in love with Rachel's piece.

You are a wonderful author that I am delighted to know and read from. I wish I could say more but truthfully, you've left me a little speechless. :)

trufflemores chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
One of my favorite parts about this was when Kurt and Blaine's lives were discussed. The way that you've managed to seamlessly incorporate their abilities and talents into a real-life scenario (Broadway stars) while still retaining its realism was beautifully done. So many authors leave the futures of characters vague, and it's just very refreshing to read a more detailed synopsis of how Kurt and Blaine are currently living. I love that Kurt has found a Broadway role that suits his unusual repertoire. He has a lot to offer, and undoubtedly there would be roles that would open up for people like him over time. Maybe not immediately out of college, but certainly in the future as new plays are developed and/or old plays revived.

I also like how Blaine has his own career settled out and that it differs from Kurt's in small ways. The fact that they don't have a lot of vacation time because of their roles is fitting and does help add a new layer of plausibility to it all. It emphasizes that, no matter how wonderful being Broadway stars is, there are certain drawbacks, and I love that you've included that all here.

Not to mention the Warblers' reunion so far has been sweet. Kurt and Blaine visiting Pavarotti's grave was light but still meaningful, and the conversations between Wes and David and Nick and Jeff were telling about what's to come. I'm looking forward to the next chapter and I leave you here on this note that this was a marvelous start.