Reviews for Startling the Fire
Guest chapter 7 . 2/20/2019
This is good stuff. I’ve seen bunch of Catoniss fanfics and mist of them are cliche, with a bitchy katniss and an out of character cato. Not to mention the terrible writing they have.
You, on the other hand, have made a interesting piece. Your good at writing and storytelling, but also seem to have a knack for keeping your characters’ actions seem logical and consistent. Keep up the good work!
FinalMoondragon chapter 10 . 10/13/2017
Ahhh can I beg you to come back and finish this story? I love it! I love Cato's POV and how he gradually changes throughout the chapters. You did such a great job of capturing his mindset and I'm in love with this. Please please come back and update it! Please!
celticwitch77 chapter 10 . 3/27/2017
I loved the story angle...I just wished it was completed
Wolf9lucky chapter 10 . 9/22/2016
Come back! Please!
stinkyshirt chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
In the 74th game training, the tributes do not have any knowledge of Katniss' archery skills, right?
Guest chapter 10 . 8/24/2015
Update
Epsilon Scorpii chapter 10 . 8/13/2015
It's the most realistic characterization and story-line about Cato/Katniss I've read so far. I'm not sure what to say. I'm deeply intrigued and entranced by your story. Your story genre has 'tragedy' in it, so I'm getting kind of wary, but I'm even more scared that you won't be updating this forever. But you will... right? I hope you find the inspiration and time soon. :) Thanks for writing!
Letsgiveloveachance chapter 10 . 3/31/2015
Please update soon! Can't wait!
skepticallysinnamon chapter 10 . 12/11/2014
I guess that this chapter is basically canon between Katniss and Peeta though it's not told since it's through Cato's POV. I really like the dream scene and the fact that Cato is quite obsessed with Katniss but I guess he realized it after the dream and is now set to kill her again. I like the fact that it's through Cato's POV since it's clearer to see the story through his eyes. I really like this story and hope that you update the story soon.
skepticallysinnamon chapter 9 . 12/11/2014
I guess the rest of the story would go pretty canon other than the ending. I'm so sad that Rue died she doesn't deserve to die... No more 'happiness' for the time being which is sad but I guess life can't be fine and dandy all the time.
skepticallysinnamon chapter 8 . 12/11/2014
I'm sad that this is the last 'happy' chapter for now since I do prefer 'happy and humorous' chapters but there was that prank so I guess it makes up for it. Who in their right mind would play a prank when they are fighting to the death? But I guess Cato is special that way. I didn't expect Snow to let Cato off the hook (if he actually meant it).
skepticallysinnamon chapter 7 . 12/11/2014
I love this chapter! So much banter and humor. Rue is just adorable and it's funny how they interact each other. You would never though that Cato can be playful when in the death arena but people surprise you. This chapter is still happy but I guess it's going to change soon but I don't want the change to happen but I guess all good things must come to an end.
skepticallysinnamon chapter 6 . 12/11/2014
I wasn't expecting that so I guess it's a good thing. I thought Cato and Katniss would be stuck together after Rue but I like the fact that Cato gets stuck with both Rue and Katniss. I love Rue and I don't want her to die. She doesn't deserve to die. Sigh. This turn of events certainly is interesting. Love your ideas.
skepticallysinnamon chapter 4 . 12/11/2014
Intense ending. I know Peeta is doing it to save Katniss but I just don't like it. I wonder what part would be changed and I look forward to it. I like the fact that the bloodbath is in the point of view of the careers and it's shown how Peeta got into the alliance. I wonder what'll happen next. I hope you keep me on my toes and give us surprising twists.
skepticallysinnamon chapter 3 . 12/11/2014
The confrontation is very well executed. None of that Katniss that goes weak at the knees that happens when a girl is cornered. I also like the fact that there are no kisses yet but you really are a tease. It's a good thing that Haymitch saves the day. I like the fact that the story is from Cato's POV because I usually like the guy's POV rather than the girl's POV most of the time. I'm excited to see how their relationship progress. Keep up the good work that is of writing a story