Reviews for Theme and Variations
vapiddreamscape chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
I really enjoyed this story. I loved the insight into Ella and the possible future for the world. It was interesting. The writing was great and I really liked it.
wobbledygook chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Wow. Really fantastic story. The writing was great, and I thought you captured all the characters perfectly. Also - if made me miss Ella even more, if that's possible :)
fiesa chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I really, really like this story, especially since it takes me back to the last season's finale. Which I thought was absolutely amazing even though the ending was so, so sad! I think I screamed at my screen to not stop at that point, though it hardly had any other chance...

Ella is a wonderful character and I love the way you map her life out here. From the beginning to the end everything is drafted lovingly and reading it was a pleasure.

What I loved most were the framework you drew up with the plush animal (in real and as a picture) Olivia gave Ella, and how it accompanies her through her whole life. The way Ella didn't want to join Fringe Division at first, especially since (or perhaps: especially because) everyone expected her to do that. That, and the way she changes her mind. The time with Andy, and how she didn't tell Olivia for so long. How she couldn't marry him when he asked her, and how she called him at the end. Her last words in the story - "I'm free now." The way she reacts to Walter and Peter fighting. The way she talks to Olivia - that she would scare away recruts and recruiters - which would definitely be counterproductive. The way she cannot even say what Peter was to Olivia because it would mean remembering what happened. The way her belongings fit into one box - somehow, I like the idea a lot. The way the ending was just another beginning, and I can imagine while Peter set things right, Ella's universe continued on without him. And... And... And...

Well, it might be easier to just say what I didn't like in this story, because this can be done in one word: nothing.

The entire piece was told beautifully and reading was wonderful. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
ennaxxor chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
LOVE this! Love how you fleshed Ella out, and all the details of what happened leading up to the future episode, and then especially how you carried on after that. Really makes me hope even more that we'll see Ella again eventually on the show.
roj chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
This is so well written. And profoundly sad, especially the last section. I really have to read it again and mull it over. Thanks so much for posting this!
CoffinWood chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic story.