Reviews for Mosaic
Pyrrhos chapter 4 . 3/10
Great story! I especially like how one change in the very beginning affects so many other events, actually changing the outcomes.
Too many stories have: "This is different, events happen differently, but the results are exactly the same."
The consequences of your changes are significant, but still follow logically from the original point of divergence.
I like.
Elise chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
Unique, interesting and believable plot, good writing great story. :)
duj chapter 4 . 9/27/2014
The story's broken apart, to be made again. Better. Good work...
Guest chapter 3 . 8/14/2014
"Fortescue" (no "q"), "Blotts" (with two "t"s), and "Su Li", not "Sue Li".
Guest chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
That Sirius signs over almost the entirety of the Black family to the Malfoys, even naming Draco as the head, seems a bit much. As-is, this subsumes the Blacks into the Malfoy line completely. Instead, it would have made more sense to grant the headship to a future second child. Or, if Narcissa was made sterile by the event at the beginning of the story, that Draco be obligated to have a second child, to whom the Black headship and holdings will pass to - the first child continuing the Malfoy line. After all, Lucius is a political ally by necessity and now obligation - but by no means a friend.

That the Malfoys are inferior in wealth here (as opposed to the common fanon portrayal) shouldn't be a dealbreaker - creative accounting could easily find a way to siphon money while Draco is head of both.
Endgames chapter 3 . 8/7/2014
Neville is so badass. I love that!

I mean, the situations he was put in and his actions would be badass for anyone, but the way you (believably) changed Neville's character slightly to make him capable of that... pretty awesome.
madbrad chapter 4 . 8/5/2014
Excellent, something else from you. I appreciate your burst of energy in updating both your stories.

I struggled to remember what this one was about so went back and re-read chapter 3 (I'll have to reread all your stuff one day). My, you *do* like Neville Longbottom, don't you? As I recall he was the star - on the magical side, anyway - of 'Out of the West', with Harry playing largely a token part (in the final battle, anyway). I'm sure I would have commented when you published chapter 3, but your Neville is an admirable character - a neat practical edge to him (loved his use of levitation to kill Greyback), a good boy/man, a 'hero', and yet unassuming. Nice.

Having come from chapter 3 this newest instalment seemed a bit weird, focused as it was on Draco. You've changed the Malfoys so much in your story I'm not sure they're 'the bad guys' any more. Lucius clearly blames himself for what happened to his son (but hasn't had the courage (?) to confess what he did). It's a pity that Draco's parents are 'distant' - or maybe a good thing, if they're still 'bad' - but it's good to see a free Sirius out free and living a good life.

You had me worried that Hermione was going to be a 'bad' person, rebooting a Malfoy/Gryffindor war of some sort, not being able to let go, so I was relieved to witness her abrupt switch to being nice. Funny how she had her speech all worked out to deliver. :-)

Draco's calendar is just charming. I confess, not even I could work up any hatred for him in this chapter. By making him the narrator you've convinced me he is a decent chap this time around.

Thanks for the chapter(s)!
Nebresh chapter 4 . 8/5/2014
I like it
Starfox5 chapter 4 . 8/4/2014
Very good chapter - a different Draco, Lucius' plan kind of backfired here, Draco will redeem both the Black and Malfoy name it seems. Unless he dies in the coming years.
Morbious20 chapter 4 . 8/3/2014
Great story so far keep up the great writing.
harry31j97 chapter 4 . 8/3/2014
One of the better stories I've read recently. I just wish you'd update your stories more frequently, not just this one but your other story as well.
Navn Ukjent chapter 4 . 8/2/2014
Nice update again.
Fibinaci chapter 4 . 8/1/2014
The best part of this story, and how you've chosen to tell it, is how it not only invites rereading, but absolutely requires it. This bit with the rebuilt Draco was quite nice, and quite telling of what more positive interaction will do for a child.
Ari989 chapter 4 . 7/31/2014
Very interesting choice for a POV! Draco was utterly likeable and human, which is something I never thought I'd say. Thanks for the update!
Sun S. Li chapter 4 . 7/31/2014
I've never read something that's kept the perspective away from the titular character for so long. But I really like it. I enjoy the different perspectives as well as not knowing everything about your world and learning how different it is bit by bit and character perspective by perspective. I also really like learning who Harry is now from his relationships with others and would be surprised if you don't save his perspective till the very end(perhaps next chapter be from Sirius's view.) And now, though I enjoy the unique way of learning this new shared history I am curious how this plot will play out whethter it put all its focus on 4th year and go out with a bang at the end(an admittedly pleasant little story then if a tad short) or will this world be fleshed out into the next year's(though with Harry aware of horcruxes it seems it wouldn't reach the 7th year unless in epilogue form) very glad to discover this story and the only mistake I've seen is referring to the ravenclaw girl Su Li as sue li(for a second I thought he was dating Susan bones, especially when her character is introduced in a gaggle of hufflepuffs that she and Neville are joined with)