Reviews for A Clockwork Lemon
Emily the Walrus chapter 5 . 11/22/2013
Omg I love this whole thing, it's so beautifully written3
Guest chapter 5 . 10/6/2012
Please, PLEASE finish, this! It's incredible!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
Why doesn't Alex like rubber duckies? :(

Seriously, I really liked this chapter, and the storytelling game that Alex and Angel played reminded me of when I used to make up random stories for my younger cousin. One thing confused me, though: are Alex and Angel now living in New Orleans, or was that just something in his story?
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
Arggghhh, you're making me hungry! Good thing dinner's in five minutes, lol! XD

More, please?
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 4 . 4/12/2012
A very good plot twist here...it looks as though this Charlotte might be having a change of heart, which would be welcome for all the parties involved. However, there's just one tiny issue I have to bring up here-Angel isn't a 'devotchka' yet, because she hasn't hit adolescence/puberty. To label her as such would be...to hint at a lot of twisted things, especially since the devotchkas are the prime targets for the Nadsat malchicks and their ultraviolent activities. The term 'ptitsa' would definitely fit the girl's age better. Hope that helps,

Weasley
Pet Archer chapter 4 . 4/2/2012
Hi, Edith! - I'm back! Hope you're feeling, and doing, much better!

At least, this chapter is a bit hopeful! Charlotte - Alex's honey and little Angel's mother - seems to be gravitating slowly back into the picture! Good! She needs to be there, especially for her little girl. And Alex still loves her. Charlotte needs to give Alex a chance to prove himself he's a changed 'veck', indeed, and is no longer the baddiwad Droog/hoodlum he once was.

Plus, Charlotte needs to come back because poor Alex needs a damned break! - although he's doing excellent in trying to be a good single parent to Angel.

Poor little Angel! She's so attached to her charming young Daddy, she cries when Pee and Em prepare to babysit her. Her crying touches Alex enough that he misses days from work just to stay with her. Which isn't helpful always, since he's missing paid work days! And he's talking/'skazating' about how the 'cutter isn't coming in'. Well, how could it, dear Alex, if you're taking days off only to stay with Angel because she misses you?

Another interesting point, as we're on the subject of 'cutter': Earlier in the story, Alex seemed to be contemplating going back to his 'old rabbit' - which, no doubt, would be stealing/'krasting' and, possibly, mugging and beating up people, to earn quickly that 'cutter'/'pretty polly'.

Interesting 'messel', right, right? - WRONG!

Alex, you're doing 'zammechat' trying to earn your 'cutter' by the correct means: working and making an honest living. It's hard, yes, Alex, dear. This is the real world, and real 'jeehzny'/life.

Continue going on the 'straight and narrow', Alex. We're all rooting for you! Don't 'turn to the right; nor to the left' - keep going straight! And do this, especially, for your daughter's sake, because she needs you. And you're doing a good job taking care of her, although it isn't easy.

And do NOT return to your 'old rabbit', whatsoever! 'Cutter' will come in.

Don't worry, Alex: I'm not good in Math, either - and I stayed in school! Like you: I barely managed a D (!).

I wish I could cuddle little Angel! She's so adorable!

Anyway: Hopefully, 'Mummy' Charlotte will re-enter the picture. I can hardly wait for her to return! Her little family needs her.

And, she'll manage being a teenaged mother, too. If poor Alex is struggling to be a good father, and he's managing - so will Charlotte.

Excellent, Edith! I'm awaiting Chapter 5!

FanFiction has the best 'soap operas' for "A Clockwork Orange"! I love them!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 4 . 3/31/2012
Bravo again, I like the surprise near the end! I can't wait to see what the note says.

Alex's counting sounds like something you'd do if you're bored, or lonely... perhaps they could use a vacation, or the return of a certain someone?
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 3 . 3/24/2012
Still doing very well here, I'm interested to see what happens next. Don't stop yet, okay? :3

*alerts*
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 2 . 3/24/2012
Oh, wow. Way to make me get scared that maybe Angel was deaf, or autistic, or had some other disability going on. Good to know (and a freakin' RELIEF) that she was just a late bloomer!

*reads on*
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Very intriguing start here, and good job on getting the Nadsat down perfectly. I'm always interested on reading different takes of the same idea at the end of the novel, so...good for you on making it so unique here. *reads on*
Pet Archer chapter 3 . 3/11/2012
Hi, Edith:

I was glad to see the alert for Chapter 3 in my Inbox, last night!

Poor Alex. He's really trying his best to dress his little Angel up, and 'in the height of fashion', too! Now, the sweet innocent little Angel is three.

'Cutter' isn't coming in enough for him to cut Angel's hair? I would suggest, Alex, you let your Pee and Em help out! Aren't they Angel's grandparents? And what about Em? She'll know how to care for her grand-daughter's grooming, as she's a woman! But, anyway, kudos for trying to do it, yourself. After all, you're Angel's Daddy!

Very touching that Alex recounts about his ex-wife Charlotte, who didn't want to mother her own little girl - little before she gave birth to her; then afterward, cradling her in her arms, yet saying 'I can't do this' several times over. This is really a moving story.

I agree with authoress Nova Sinfonia on her comment about Charlotte's possible return. As long as Alex continues to be a good father to his beloved daughter, that may pave the way for Charlotte to HOPEFULLY return, and fulfill her role as a teen mother to her daughter - and to give her changed husband a chance to prove himself.

But keep up this excellent (mini)series. I hope all turns out happy for Alex and Angel. I'm holding the door open for Charlotte, too, to complete the picture, where she should be. Your blend of humor and pathos/sadness is excellent, Edith! I love it! This is a "Clockwork Orange" soap opera!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 3 . 3/11/2012
Yay! I'm glad you wrote a story for ACO! It's both smart and sweet - I especially like the end of the 2nd chapter for that. It's sad that Alex's wife left, but maybe it hints that she will return? If she hasn't given up on him entirely and comes to visit, she'll at least see that he's being a good father.

You asked about the nadsat - I did see two things: arms are "rookers" not "rockers", and "nadsat" means a teenager and not a (younger) child. But other than that the writing flowed well, especially in Alex's (cute!) description of Angel. I'll put this on my alerts list and I'm looking forward to reading more. All the best,

NS
Pet Archer chapter 2 . 3/9/2012
Oh, my God! I thought I was going to read a sad ending! Thankfully, you turned it around! Hopefully, little Angel will gradually pick up more words from her charming 20-something Pee.

For now, Alex is content with his little Angel! This is touchingly beautiful. Even though Alex doesn't have Charlotte -who should be there for her little girl, as any proper mother would - he's doing quite fine raising her with the help of his parents. Plus, he has his 'Dear Brothers' - Us fans/readers, whom he often narrates to - supporting him all the way!

There are other 'Clockwork Orange' stories where Alex is/gets married, and has a family. In my own 'Clockwork Orange' stories, Alex is married and is a father to two children. But this is a unique turn you wrote with Alex DeLarge being a single father - which is rare, touching, funny (with Alex's Nadsat), yet beautiful!

I hope this chapter isn't the end, is it? Please write more 'Clockwork Lemon' stories! We want to see little Angel DeLarge in her stages growing up, and getting loved by her Daddy, Alex. Who knows? Maybe the right girl might come along, and be Alex's permanent wife! She'll be Angel's stepmother - but she'll hopefully be a nice stepmom to Angel. And maybe Angel will get some brothers and sisters, even!

Keep up the good work - and please write more 'Clockwork Lemon' stories!
Pet Archer chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Hi, there!

This is a beautiful story! - Alex as a single father! He's really changed from being a 'baddiwad cheloveck', and he's enjoying his new life as father to baby Angel; and working at the Pop-Disk Melodia. Even he's getting along with his Pee and Em!

However, I'm sad to see that his wife, Charlotte, left him. I don't understand why. Is there a reason? Is it because she just doesn't wish to be a mother, and/or Alex's wife, anymore? Please explain, if you don't mind. I'll check out Chapter 2.

But this is a unique twist in Alex DeLarge's life/jheezny! He's doing great as a (single) father! Keep up the good work!
Loony-Luna-Lovegood-98 chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
AWWWWWWW! So cute, Edith! I loved it. I've always wondered what would happen if Alex had a little girl. Usually when I type fanfics for ACO I , unfortunatley, focus on violence and rape...I'm a bad person XD. LOL anyways, super awesome and sweet story!

Love 'ya!