Reviews for A Martian Abandon
This is really good!
Viper5delta chapter 2 . 4/12
So your story is worth .01 touches? :P
JustAnotherTypicalBastard chapter 2 . 4/4
I have reread this about three times. It is very good.
Pmason chapter 2 . 1/23
HOLY MOLEY. Yes. Yes. Yes. I just... Sí.
pikachucutie17 chapter 2 . 12/29/2015
This is such a wonderful read. I love the initial tension of Raven trying to join everyone in the fun, but then feel like she messed up and keeps up the distant. And her conversation with Beast Boy is so heartfelt and well done. They're both in-character and a little scared, but eager to take a step forward. Plus, Raven making the first move was a huge development on her part. I also enjoyed that they're having some difficulties being a new couple, but nothing a little angst can't solve. P This fic is great, so keep up the wonderful writing.
scatteredmind chapter 2 . 12/28/2015
this is really good . your writing style is truly one of a kind
jarec chapter 2 . 10/14/2015
Really well done! Nicely plotted, and everything felt very I had one critique it would be that you left out that first week of 'dating'. Seems like there's a lot of potential there.
CalitaRael chapter 2 . 5/23/2015
I realize this was written 3 years ago, and that there's a chance you won't get this review at all, but I wanted to share my thoughts anyway.

A lot of the more recent BBRae stories don't go over Raven's power issues very well. Often authors seem to make Raven suddenly and inexplicably capable of kissing BB or displaying her affection to him without any major consequences, and I feel like that takes away from the story because there's no logic to it. Maybe with time, and getting used to the feelings, Raven can control herself more-like with anything, really. And I have to commend you for properly portraying, maybe not just how difficult having a relationship would be for her, but her struggle with keeping her powers in check. I think, had you made this story longer, you could've developed on the problems and tensions much more and effectively shown what an effort it is for both parties involved.

I am, however, greatly satisfied with how in-character you wrote our two protagonists. That was gold, and I was impressed by what you came up with to allow Raven to kiss BB without causing damage to anything. I was actually searching for a method myself to write into my own fanfic, but it appears I wasn't searching far enough, as you took it all the way to space lol Have no fear, I won't plagiarize your work, you've simply given me an idea.

Overall, this was excellent and figures among the better BBRae fanfics I've read. Your grammar, spelling, vocabulary... It was a pleasure. You have talent. I am favoriting you and immediately looking to see if you've written other BBRae fanfics. -
M chapter 2 . 3/9/2015
Hey I really enjoy your writing style. I find it captivating and lovely, but subdued enough not to be overwhelming. I really love the story and the slow development, I feel that its realistic and reeeaally sweet. And the building sexual tension is just delicious. Id love to read more of your writing so update when you can. You do this couple great justice.
Paradox.Peddler chapter 2 . 2/21/2015
I really enjoyed reading this story. I thought you managed to capture Raven's difficulty with emotions without making her too angsty or goth which I tend to see a lot of. Beast Boy also manages to be humorous and lighthearted without being too immature but also not too emotionally eloquent which is another thing I see a lot of. Your writing mechanics are solid. The story itself is tight and the characters are well done.
sugaryfluff chapter 1 . 2/4/2015
Ahhhhh awesome job, SSJEB! I only wish I could meet you in person to tell you how much I loved your fic! ;D It was a very realistic, believable exploration of what a relationship would be like for these two, and everyone's characterizations were spot on! You managed to make frequently used, almost cliche, moments of fluff (ie one person instructing another, near-death experiences) into such unique and refreshing scenes :) I loved the flow of the story and how your carefully chosen words painted such vivid pictures! :)

If you ask me to be critical, I'd second another reviewer's remarks that some descriptions (like "chromatically challenged") did seem to break the flow of the reading and required a double-take to grasp what was happening. I also thought the transition from past to present tense within the same sentence was a tad bit awkward and maybe it would be better to break them into 2 separate sentences? Also, if you need me to re-point out the typos I'd noticed, let me know!

Looking forward to reading more from you! :) You're obviously a fantastic and thoughtful writer, and I'd definitely love to read more of your work! Please never stop writing :)
Stella Bella 123 chapter 2 . 12/27/2014
I think you did a great job exploring both of their natural reactions in these situations, something that is always fun to do!
Cedek18 chapter 2 . 11/11/2014
This is absolutely amazing! I love it, it so detailed! I would really love it if you wrote more please!
Bunchan529 chapter 2 . 7/14/2014