Reviews for What Could Have Been
eirene1988 chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Yup, I agree with you.
Erulasse chapter 1 . 3/21/2005
Saw a link to this on the MC list - me likey v. much! Elrond seems quite nasty in this...but, of course, had this happened - no Aragorn. *sob*

Abs x
Cookie chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
yeah, would be better for all if that had happened. dont suppose you could do a sequel? ya know a 'what happened next' thing? its a great story line and you write it well.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
m :(
Dragon Queen chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
I like that idea. Throw Isildur into the fire. Throw all the mortals into the fire. Throw PETER JACKSON
Forest Bonevene chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
You know I agree with you. The ring was evil Elrond knew that. If Isildur refused to let it go, Elrond should have thrown both in. Or at least given a choice like, throw the ring in or go in with it.
Conner chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
If elrond hadn't acted so civilized and had chucked Isildr and the ring into a volcano than Bilbo and the dwarves would have been killed by the spiders in Mirkwood, Aragorn woulnd't have been raised by Elrond and the entire Lord of the Rings would never had existed thus niether would any of the fanfic thus niether would this website and i would not be writing this because i would never had read that and you and me would not be here and... oh no, Ive gone cross-eyed.

Perhaps its better the way things really happened huh?
Adalia Glenys chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
As my great-grandfather Josef would say, "damnright!"
cass chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
Yes, that's the way I would have done it. Wussy Elrond should have tossed Isildur in the lava :)
Paige Darke chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
Y'know...that just makes you wonder...

What WOULD have happened? I mean, why didn't Elrond chuck him in? It would've made SENSE!

'Tis a unique idea, at least. And very well-written. You have a gift.

Paige
sabercrazy chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
HOLD IT!

No more line of ARAGORN! No totally hot Aragorn with a million sexy names!

Yea dark FELLOWSHIP!.no ARAGORN!

Is that really worth it?

P
Shadowdancer too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
Nice take. Wonder what would have happened then?
Jedi Honor Bound Ninja chapter 1 . 9/19/2002
Ohhh short and sweet and to the point. Me likes!

Great story, i like the turn of events. You should write more (you probably didnt intended to do more) but you should! its so good i would love to see your interpertation of how differernt everything would be.

(but thats just me, i am the insane one)

-Insane muse, partners in crime collaberations.
Rhikat chapter 1 . 9/14/2002
The reason why Elrond didn't push Isilur off the ledge is because Tolkien didn't want to have to come up with a whole new villian for LotR.
Starr chapter 1 . 7/28/2002
You're right, it would have been better for Middle-Earth... but without the One Ring, would we have met Frodo and company? I doubt it somehow. *sigh* you take the bad with the good!

*hands out chocolate covered elf-lords*