Reviews for The Rise of a Warlord
kazikamikaze24 chapter 22 . 5/1/2012
A very wicked end to a battle/mission! I wonder what shall happen next.
anon chapter 22 . 5/1/2012
naruto is an arrogant fuckin' moron. his self preservation instincts seems to have disappeared totally.
Desturion chapter 22 . 5/1/2012
Great as always
Omegalus chapter 22 . 5/1/2012
really good, can't wait for the next chapter.

Looking forward to seeing what the next story arc is.

Naruto's dark personality has been written really well
wolf2021 chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
another good chapter love it keep up the good work
Kharneth666 chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
love the alucard quote. very appropriate for this portrayal of naruto
TeninChwang chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
Neruto's 'wise' comment about men killing monstets makes no sense, lol.

Either Amachi is a monster, and therefore, naruto, a self proclaimed monster shouldn't be able to kill him, or...

Amachi is just a man, in which case he should be able to kill naruto, or...

Naruto mislabelled himself...

Either way, I recommend revision.
bakapervert chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
I'm starting to dislike your Naruto. For all of his big talk and tough guy talk, he is got blindsided too often by the villain.
dbtiger63 chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
Glad this arc has completed and he can move forward becoming the title character again. In his other endeavors he seemed to have ulterior motives to move his agenda forward. This arc didn't seem to do that especially after killing Amichi. The initial vision in the first chapter setup all other activities to me and for him to gain the resources, people and otherwise, he has to constantly grow as a person and his organization has to also grow. With Snow country he made arrangements to gain personally from his work, here he just seemed to complete a mission.

Thanks

DB
xxAkuxx chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
Dark Naruto is awesome! Can't wait till he's all 'I will rule the world' Kekekeke!
Heliosion chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
If I repeat myself AGAIN it's because Naruto carries this fic on his own yet again. Though nice spin on amachi's death
J.E.P 1996 chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
its a good story so far, but how long do you estimate the amount of chapters?
Maleivius chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
I enjoyed the chapter, the fighting was well done, and I feel kinda bad that I laughed at that corny joke at the end. Anyway, can't wait for the next update.
Melkor44 chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
It's gotten better as time has passed... Keep up the good work!
Cenright chapter 14 . 4/29/2012
(AN: A while back, someone reviewed that Saki was spelled as 'Sake' and not 'Saki'. Well that is partly true, there is three ways to spell it depending on the writers preference and I just like to use the 'I' instead of the 'E'. So no matter if it's spelled, 'Sake', 'Saki', or 'Saké' it's all the same. Also, this is the first time in my life where I actually used a 'é' in anything, in fact, I just discovered how to type it on this...)

I didn't want to annoy you with useless corrections, but when I saw this author's note, though I understood your reasoning, I felt like I should say something.

Sake is pronounced Saw-Kay in Japanese, or even Sah-Keh when spoken quickly.

Saw-Kee was the later bastardized English pronunciation when people saw the word 'Sake' and tried to phonetically sound it out.

Once it was poorly pronounced often enough, the 'Saki' spelling was made when everyone thought it looked better with how they were saying it, even though that is just one mistake compounded on another.

Some people in the USA say that they "warsh" their hands before eating. They are mispronouncing "wash", but they still spell it correctly, even though they say it wrong. Even if I lived in that part of the USA, I would still be wrong if I spelled the word with an 'r'.

Since Naruto is Japanese in origin, and you have attempted to stay true to that feeling somewhat, to then use the Bastardized English on this one word while everything else is done correctly feels out of context, and seen as nothing more than an ignorant mistake on your part. While it seems that is not the case, and that you actually thought about its use, when it comes to the readers, I believe you getting marked negatively for its usage, while if you had used "Sake", there would be no such negative outlook.

So while "Sake" doesn't give you extra points as a reader and gets nothing more than a neutral score of zero, "Saki" causes an negative score to some of your readers, and it neutral to the rest.

The point is that you are drawing controversy over a single word, when you could have those same people focusing their attention on your actual story, and it costs you very little effort and more than half your readers wont even notice the difference.
475 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »