Reviews for A Few Early Morning Worries and Breakfast
The Reading Elf chapter 1 . 4/16
I love this! Amazing job!
Very good story, thanks!
Toaofwriting chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Well done indeed. I like the thought behind it.
LinBates chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
A great fun story, thanks!
fariedragon chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Hmm wonder what happens next?
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
i really liked it, great job
CaraLee934 chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
"And even with Arthur, Merlin can only go so far. Arthur's the one with the power. If he gets annoyed enough he can throw goblets at Merlin's head or stick the man in the stocks till dragons roam the Earth again, but Merlin can't. He might backtalk anyway, but his whole life is a daily lesson that he's not quite equal. Maybe he feels the limits on him more than we believe."
Thank you so much for writing this!

This is a very good characterization of Gwaine. He's not all about alcohol and girls after all. (Just mostly!)
intensewhatever chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
So amazing! I loved it! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
so funny and sad and sweet at the same time
Veilwuarrah chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Aww.. this was so sweet. Loved how Gwaine's guilt started to pick at him, and you described Merlin's state so well; both his irritability and paranoia, as well as the physical weakness settling in from lack of eating; and all viewed through the eyes of the knight.
I can even imagine the confusion on a sleepy Merlin at the sight of breakfast being offered to him. Nicely done!
StoriesOfTheMind chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Would you write another chapter about that morning and maybe Gwaine talking with the other knights? I love your story!
cadfael256 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This is really great! Well done.
crazytook chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Wow, I am late to the party on these stories, but I'm just catching up with all of Merlin on Netflix! (yay!)

Great story, love your Gwaine! And I like how a lot of this just sort of happened in his head, not as dialog.
Although, I do have to ask, because I've seen a lot of stories that are missing scenes or codas to this episode addressing Merlin not eating, and I'm confused because I'm not sure if they're intended as AUs of the episode intended to heighten the fact that Merlin didn't get dinner the 2nd time they played the joke b/c of evil spell, or if the general audience has interpreted that the plate the knights present Merlin at the end of the 1st time they play the joke was not given to Merlin off screen. I'm asking you just cause this is the most recent story I read and it's become rather the point of curiosity for me, but the knights did seem to have saved him a plate the first time around, and I'm just curious why a lot of the fic seems to act like they just let Merlin not eat for a night as a joke. I am of course assuming they saved him some the 2nd time as well. Maybe that's the difference in interpretation if I may ask?

My dumb curiosity aside, though, which is tangential to the awesome fic you wrote, you did write a great fic. I think the character was strong, and I loved the format in which you choose to write it! I also really appreciated Gwaine changing it from Princess to Queenie in his head for some reason.

kudos!
crazytook
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
I would really like to see a sequel, when Arthur actually does wake up to see Merlin getting the lion's share of breakfast!
Rise of Albion chapter 1 . 1/8/2013