Reviews for Who She Could Never Be
IchikoKitsuneKoumori chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Beautiful.. I so wish this was canon!
ScarletInk314 chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Perfect. Just-everything. This is so perfect, and I cried.
zoe alice chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Awww, Sweet!Jack.
chocolatequeen chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Oh, this was just heartbreaking. :( I know what it's like to watch someone you care deeply about, and whom you think cares for you, swans off with someone else. It makes you feel exactly like Rose felt, because obviously there must be something you're lacking, something the other woman has that you don't, or he wouldn't do that. If you were enough, then he'd want to be with you, wouldn't he?

And no amount of logic-ing by friends can convince you that's not true, because even if you normally have a fairly decent self-esteem (which, let's face it, Rose doesn't really), the facts are staring you right in the face every time he walks away with her.

But the redeeming thing about your story was the Doctor's reaction. I admit, the line toward the end about how he's going to wait to see how much she remembered made me mildly nervous. He really gave himself an out there, if he decides to take it. Again, personal experience leads me to believe that of course he will... but then, I've never been in this situation with The Doctor.

I wanted to cry for Rose when she just couldn't believe he cared for her, even when he was sitting right there telling her he did. Funny thing, that the Doctor believed his snogging her might make things worse, when the fact is that actions will always speak louder than words. And the other truth is that at that moment, she needed some really loud actions, because his chasing after Reinette was the equivalent of a shout, and it's not the kind of thing he wanted to be shouting at her.

And I think I took that metaphor as far as it can go...

In some ways, I'd really love to see a sequel to this, or even have this be the beginning of a short chaptered story. There are some issues here that one snog and a night spent together won't solve, and it would be interesting to see them work through it. Plus, I liked the bending of space and time you did to get Jack there. That made me happy. Oh, and Mickey isn't there! Also a good thing. What in the universe was he thinking, inviting Mickey along with them? Sorry, tangent...

So yeah, I'd love to see more of this if you've got it.
mericat chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
So very sweet. I have been reading a lot of psycho Rose fic lately and I like your version so much better, altho when she was left, perhaps she could have turned vengeful and bitter.
Rosie chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
brilliant.
Danielle chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
I really liked this one. Usually I'm not the biggest fan of GitF fanfics, but this was really good.
DonnaForPresident chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Very nice! My favourite line: "He's so selfish without even realising, you see. It's not his fault, he just is. His vanity and his eagerness to please, to impress...he wants us all to adore him, and you know what? We all comply, because he's so easy to fall in love with. But he's so bloody hard to be in love with." Wow. No that is one scarily accurate description! Loved the part about Jack eavesdropping! xX
Gallifrey63 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Oh that was written BEAUTIFULLY! I wanted a good fic of those feelings after the girl in the fireplace episode :) Made my evening! :D
LilienRose chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I know you said one part but. I want to read more will she forgive him how much will she remember...
Imoen Grace chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Love it!
Take.Me.To.Your.TARDIS chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
This is just so perfect. You displayed the characters perfectly, as well as their emotions. I cannot put into words how much I adore this story.

Usually, I don't review one-shots, but this one deserved it. Absolutely brilliant.
Idontwanttogo chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
You wrote wonderfuls. Put aywa explanations about how Jack could be in the Tardis, back off Timey Wimey stuff, forget every short and long adventures. It's just Rose and the Doctor and some beautiful words they need to say and heard.

Thanks, you made my day.
JollyRoger1 chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Very nice.
goingmywaydoll chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Wonderfully written, as always! I loved every second of it! Absolutely, completely BRILLIANT!
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »