Reviews for No Accident
Guest chapter 17 . 10/13/2014
this is such a great story, are u going to update?:) pleaase :)
raeofsunshin3 chapter 2 . 1/25/2014
I've always thought that they met after the Reaping and fell in love post-Annie's game. I think Annie being chosen because of her relationship with Finnick negates her own strength and just makes her a pawn of the Capitol. I think Finnick cared for her her at first and wanted to bring her home. It wasn't until later that they fell in love. I also agree with you that Annie was a career and not as weak as many fics portray her. I've always thought that she was physically prepared for the arena, but not mentally and snapped. Just my two cents.
Rie chapter 17 . 1/13/2014
Omg love your story soooooo much! Please update soon. I love how you made Annie. I feel that is how Annie would have acted and done. Be mercyful but at the same time smart :-) wish the little girl had lived longer though. But love the story
Allianna2010 chapter 17 . 1/7/2014
I'm very late in writing this review, and alas it's going to be short and sweet. I stumbled on this story years ago and was spellbound, so much so that I remember your username and check in every once in a while to see if you've added to this gripping story.
Your style of writing is so refreshing. You're clearly very intelligent, and bring to FanFic an extremely well worded, well thought out original plot line that grips you from the very beginning.
I do wish you'd finish this story off!
Guest chapter 17 . 9/12/2012
Where is the next chapter? I'm dying without it :(
A-Wayward-Soul chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Amazing story! I can't wait to read more! I hope you update soon! (:
Fiwen9430 chapter 17 . 6/4/2012
OK, so the code is definitely to do with primes, so I thought that if I numbered each one according to which prime it was there would then be an alphabet-number code I could work with.

Unfortunately by that method the code goes up to 28, and even if you loop around it doesn't make sense forwards or backwards. I guess it could start somewhere in the middle of the alphabet, but I can't be bothered checking that out. Looking forward to seeing what you did.

On the story hand, I'm interested to see where it is going. I did think the changing alliances with Zyse were too abrupt and didn't do anything to the story. At the moment it is much more interesting when you write about outside the arena, rather than Annie, who seems to be a bit bland.
SamiCatalfumo chapter 17 . 6/3/2012
It's sent by 13. Duhh.

The numbers are 7, 89. 107, 23, 89. 7, 107, 17, 101, 73, 71, 41, 79.

I did that without a calculator in like a minute. :) Go mathteam!

They're all prime numbers.

As for a specific meaning, I'm not sure. All the x-values are repeats, so there are no other values to work with and since the numbers are over 26 they aren't alpha-numeric. I tried adding the digits and replacing then with words, but no. Still no dice.

Then I tried that the first word might be "we" so, 7 w and 89 e then "are" which works with 89e. So then you ge _. I think it's "We are watching."

So, the note says, "We are watching" and it's signed by district 13?

I love this story, even if I'm completely wrong about the clue.
Story167 chapter 17 . 5/31/2012
Quadratics? The ch title is (x-13)(x-13). But I'm not doing all that...

And writers can do math! :D
TolkienkookAD chapter 17 . 5/31/2012
Now, you may take this review with a grain of salt, considering the posted stories on my account are (without a doubt) total shit. I'm an editor, not a writer. On the other hand, I don't know a writer alive that wouldn't benefit from a well-placed review, so here goes.

This story shows a lot of promise. I've read through to the end and you have a lot of really exciting creative moments. Things like the boy dressed in white are touches that I could believe as Hunger Games canon. Your names are inventive and fun, and while I'm not a fan of how you've described the arena (it seems to have very little purpose), those beetle mutts were totally genius (and made me wince when she was cutting them out of her legs).

On the other hand, you're suffering a lot from what I can only assume to be lazy writing. You're pumping these chapters out extremely quickly (which I appreciate as a reader), but it seems to me like you don't have a beta reader and don't do a whole lot of revisions. The chapters themselves feel sort of like separate entities rather than pieces of a unified whole, and I object to a lot of your characterization choices. I'm getting the sense that you are awesome at considering the details of the world you're in, but NOT the subtlety of an actual human being.

For example, the alliance with Zyse was clumsily done. Zyse has virtually no defining traits and her flip flop between alliance, attempt to kill, and a big ol' hug was sort of useless to your story and Annie's compassion seemed unoriginal - remember Katniss and Rue? Where Suzanne Collins made the choice of an alliance to soften the hearts that had hardened against the protagonist (in my first reading I found Katninss overly tough and obnoxious until her alliance), Annie's alliance with Zyse makes me dislike her more, as some sort of martyr, beating her ideals with a dead horse.

As for Annie being unlikable, it's a sad but true conundrum you've got yourself into. I'm uninterested in her because her character is shallow; her mindless repetition of her idea to not kill and the trap situation is overly dramatic and certainly overdone. Things have been way too easy on Annie in the arena, and while I appreciate that you're allowing her to be a strong character, you have to consider, psychologically, what makes such a strong personality break into a million tiny fragile pieces. It's not just going to be the death of Terrence; that would make Annie a less careful Katniss and she'd get through it as Katniss got through the death of Rue. It's going to have to be a death directly by her hand that contributes to her mental break. And I'm somewhat nervous about that break being portrayed in this story. What made Suzanne Collins such a standout is that she didn't just show the gory physical details, but the twisted mental process of Katniss slowly descending into PTSD and mental disorientation. Annie can't just be played "crazy" and left at that. To do this effectively you have to research like hell to different forms PTSD can take, what goes into a break, how those breaks manifest themselves, and give it a gradual process. It's going to be jarring to the readers for you to build this character and then snatch her away and make her completely different; instead, let the readers follow the gradual onslaught of insanity without losing their love for Annie.

On the good side, though your characterization of Finnick is no standout to me, he's your best character and still holds a special place in my heart. Try not to overemphasize specific traits and features such as rebellion or a physicality (like Annie's teeth); it shows lazy writing that you have to keep reminding us of something like that. If you paint Finnick's restrained anger with enough feeling and power, we'll remember that he hates the capitol without the use of secret meetings (that are ultimately purposeless and besides that a strange choice for you, the author; if this was how the rebellion was being carried out then they'd never have gotten anywhere, but okay). You're getting there, with Finnick's discomfort and tension, but you're still telling us too much and showing us too little. Laying all the secrets of the story right on the table from the beginning is a surefire way to lose readers; you need to keep them interested in the answers you're promising in future chapters (I'm still hanging on to see what happened for sure to Annie's father).

Other than that my only other criticism is that I'd like to see you stand by your work more. Your writing is weakened by saying after every chapter, "Well, I thought I'd do it like this but I did it like this what do you think?" A good writer makes him or herself scarce in the story being written. Excessive author's notes seem vain, like you're telling the story for the attention, and not for the story.

I hope you don't find this review overly harsh, and I'll keep tuning in.
superwhomerlockedgames chapter 17 . 5/31/2012
I really like the whole story it's really interesting! I have no idea about the maths thing though! You have me anticipating your next chapter!
N0thing chapter 17 . 5/30/2012
Ok, I just found your story a few hours ago and havent been able to stop reading it! You are a fantastic writer and your attention to detail is spot on. Im definitely going to put this on my alerts :) im not sure if I will have the time to try to decode the message but Im going to guess the message is from district 13 since thats the last answer
SilverNight92 chapter 17 . 5/29/2012
um wow, thats... A LOT of numbers. im not gonna try since i suck at math and cant get math at all... and im tired. but i think that its clever of u to have a code. im guessing that either a victor/rebel or a capitol citizen/worker/Snow's followers sent it. im leaning towards the victor/rebel though, so thats my guess. WHO? I really dont no, anybody. Thats my guess. the whole sarcastic haymitch thing was funny, as it always is. hes funny sober, but hilarious drunk. and i loved the chapter! :):)
Winggirl77 chapter 17 . 5/29/2012
Ooooo... awesome chapter! I wonder who it is. I bet it is Coin or somebody like Paylor. I can't wait to find out! Please Update soon. Love it! :)
Song of Grey Lemons chapter 16 . 5/23/2012
I hope that Mat is not a repetition of Zyse. I do, however want to say that, if Annie is declaring her wish to not kill left and right, the Capitol can't be happy. Here, though, they aren't trying to arrange an accidentbfor Annie or anything. Besides that, however, a continuation of this is very much asked for.