Reviews for The Ides of March
byng.stephanie chapter 25 . 10/14/2013
It's as if one has discovered a tome in a fire, and these pages are all that remain legible. It's difficult to judge a character based on small snapshots of their life in various stages, but that is the challenge that you have presented. As you are their puppet-master, I can't help but wonder why you chose these particular moments to share.

I get the impression that Celebrian is like a caged exotic bird - beautiful, kept, childish, and yearning for excitement. Haldir is honorable, stubborn and rebellious. If this wasn't the intention, then I think I missed something somewhere.

You asked me to look at Celebrian, and I'm at a loss because there isn't much analyze. In most of the drabbles, she is but an object of someone else's actions or thoughts. Perhaps I am at a loss for having no prior knowledge of her, but I cannot relate or sympathize with what I don't know.

Your author's notes obviously filled in many of the blanks, but I can't help but wonder why your snippets of her life didn't include more of the "internal hurt" or "desire to escape." Somehow I completely missed the fact that this was about an affair, as opposed to a dalliance between members of different classes.

Overall, my interest in Celebrian's story isn't as high as I would like because there wasn't anything in the drabbles to create a connection between us. But, putting that aside, the shorts are well written and paint an interesting tapestry.
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 25 . 2/3/2013
It is hard to deal with another author's characteres, specially if he had tons of fans. But I think that fanfiction is the place to do that, to free your imagination, to fill the gaps and you did it, you did it perfectly. Congratulations.
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 24 . 2/3/2013
This was a really sad chapter. What I most admire in your stories is the way you can translate the characters' feeling in words that would not put there just to do that, but works perfectly to make the readers feel the character's feelings as well. My English is not that good, you know. I hope you understand this review.
Sierra Leone chapter 25 . 1/31/2013
I believe there is no place so dark, that hope cannot shine. Unless we close our eyes.

Beautiful as always. And let the cannonists fire what fodder they may. Tolkien will always be Tolkien, umblemished by our dipping into his dreams. Best.
Ragnelle chapter 7 . 9/20/2012
Maybe, just maybe, my favorite so far. You give a very good image of this proper servant, with that hint, at the end, of something that would give her more depth than the template she almost seem like before.
Ragnelle chapter 6 . 9/20/2012
The ending, here, in particularly. It is... not really describable. I keep wanting to use the word "brittle", and that quality is not a bad thing.
Ragnelle chapter 5 . 9/20/2012
I am so behind on reviewing this. I'm sorry about that.

Though I think I have reviewed this one before: have you moved the chapters around? Too long since I looked, I fear, for me to remember.

But it bears repeating: the humor in this is wonderful. And more so with the dark and serious backdrop that you build up very well in your descriptions.
ziggy3 chapter 23 . 9/9/2012
This, Marchwriter, is perfect.
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 23 . 9/9/2012
How I wish there was another chapter to read now... Hope you update soon because I just need to know what is going to happen.
Great chapter, mellon-nîn. Great story. Sorry again for taking so long to review.
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 22 . 9/9/2012
Poor Celebrian. So Haldir saved her...
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 21 . 9/9/2012
Seeing them talking is great.
Seeing them together is great.
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 20 . 9/9/2012
Maybe she wouldn't... maybe she wouldn't laugh at all.
Love
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 19 . 9/9/2012
Again, I need to read the next chapter... quickly :-)
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 18 . 9/9/2012
Sometimes it seems as if Imladris was a prison to her, sometimes not...
great again.
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 17 . 9/9/2012
These descriptions you give us are the story soul... Perfect.