Reviews for Corpse Bride: Shadow of the Valley of Death
Jackattack55 chapter 11 . 2/6
Hey, we all have lives outside of the Internet, you don't push yourself to do things your not interested in. I'm used to stories being updated every few months, so don't sweat. I love the story, and keep it up :)
Guest chapter 10 . 8/14/2014
Loved the use of the original story the corpse bride is based off and you made a Burton story much darker ((Takes tallent that)) :)
DrewTheLittlePoet chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
I am feeling a bit tired so I haven't read your Coraline and Corpse Bride stories but I'm sure they're fine and I can read&make reviews on them later on. I would be really happy if you could post more fanfics of the stories of Neil Gaiman and films of Tim Burton. Thank you from now. I hope to read&enjoy all of the ones about them later!
Loli-otaku chapter 10 . 1/20/2014
Please update soon! And not be hating but sine the summary did state this...I personally adore Victor x Emily
Whiggity chapter 10 . 10/4/2013
Whaat. Drama! I do hope Emily realizes she's being a bit of a prat soon - no good can come of her being a slave to her (rather volatile) emotions when her friend needs her. I like your description of an abode in the land of the dead - I always figured they wouldn't need bedrooms, 'cause "dead" and all, but everything else painted a pretty quaint picture of the way someone might continue to live after dying. I do hope you manage to keep the updates coming; keep your muse and keep the front page interesting for us all!
Cris.P.C chapter 10 . 10/3/2013
I'm so happy you're back! :D Such a sad chapter! :( Poor Victor... and poor Emily... I have no idea how they will be happy in the end... D: But I'm happy seeing Mayhew and Mrs. Plum together. CX
Flaming Trails chapter 10 . 10/3/2013
You need another adjective to add to "emotional" and "drama-filled" - awkward. Because there's gallons of it. XD Still, I suppose it's only appropriate - none of the people Downstairs really know Victoria, and they're all very fond of Emily, so. . . I like the interactions between everyone. Bonejangles WOULD be the one to bet on how newbies are going to react when they're first dead, isn't he? :P And I like Mayhew with Mrs. Plum, even if they are apparently prone to PDA. XD And of course it's always nice to see Scraps again.

I also like the scene with Emily and Victor where she gets mad at him and herself. Yeah, you can't blame her for being a little upset, but at the same time she knows she's also being a little unfair to him - it is a tragedy he'll never see his child. So yeah, I like the interplay of anger and guilt there. Same with Victor feeling horrible because, again, he's said the wrong thing. Hopefully the next chapter will have some mutual apologizing going on.

Now, obligatory "pointing out a typo time:" The scene inside the pub was as raucous and lively as ever, as cadavers and *sceptres* drifted here and there - I do believe you mean specters/spectres. Sceptres are what kings carry around. That's the only one I noticed, though, and it doesn't really detract from the chapter, so good job!
Cris.P.C chapter 9 . 4/10/2013
I can't believe it! *O* You updated again! I was starting to think you'll never do! :) I'm so happy I was wrong x) I like this chapter, Emily is here again, it's great they are good friends (Maggot, shut up, please, you're talking to a married man). I'm sure Emily can help him now. ;) I hope you update soon. ;D
Flaming Trails chapter 9 . 4/10/2013
I'm glad you got over your writer's block! *knows that pain* And I like this chapter. I agree with the others that Emily's reason for returning to the Land of the Dead is a good, believable one - she probably DOES miss her family a lot, particularly her father. A happy reunion for them below would be just the thing. And her interaction with Victor is very sweet. You can see that, despite the awkwardness caused by Maggot, they're still good friends. And I like how it sets up, just a little, the question in your summary.

I look forward to seeing what comes next, whenever that might be!
Whiggity chapter 9 . 4/9/2013
Well well well, look who updated their story finally! I'm still enjoying it and looking forward to where you go with this, particularly with the mythology. You seem to be giving a lot more thought to how death (or Death) works than Tim Burton ever did, at least. :/ And I do appreciate you taking the time to try and explain why Emily's still hanging around Downstairs; many authors don't, preferring to go the route of "ignoring it altogether." Her hanging around for the sake of someone other than Victor is a nice touch, too. She does seem like a good daughter and all-around good and loving person, no matter how much trouble that keeps getting her into.

Overall, I have no real objections to this chapter (gasp!). I also appreciate that you've managed to keep V&E's interactions very platonic, despite them having been hitched only like a year ago or something. Always refreshing to see the two of them played out more realistically.
PlayerPiano chapter 9 . 4/9/2013
Very nice job on the interaction between Emily and Victor-I enjoyed the callback to the movie. And thank you for including Maggot! Many writers tend to forget about him, and the fact that he lives in Emily's head. Nice going on that, his voice was great.

I also like the reason you give for Emily still being around. I think it's in-character and suits the overall theme and plot of your story.

The only suggestion I have is about POV. The rest of the story is third-person focused on Victor, and here there's a shift to Emily in a couple of places. While it's nice to see what she's thinking, it was a little jarring given that the shift doesn't happen anywhere else. Maybe this could all be Emily's POV? Or chapters could alternate? Just a suggestion, and it's a very small thing.

Nice work, again, and I'll look forward to the next update.
Broadway Evanescence chapter 8 . 3/8/2013
Please continue I'm really excited!
Haquikah chapter 8 . 3/5/2013
Well what a cruel cliffhanger. Unless this story is still alive. Great idea! Love it!
Blacksword 1 chapter 8 . 3/1/2013
That's my name on here and the last review was me ain't no guest
Guest chapter 8 . 3/1/2013
Wicked bro question the death your using in this story is it the one from darksides or the one from the bible don't care just want to know cool story