Reviews for Chosen of Tempus
Lalaithe chapter 4 . 3/31/2012
Seeing as I am hopelessly far behind in Skie's saga, I'll review Branwen's! :P

This is great. As always you're adept at building up part of the Realms to take on a life of its own, like your enchanted Rashemen. I liked the descriptions of the Northmen's way of life, how the simple herding melds with constant raiding like the flow of the tides. You show too how different the expectations are for men and women in the culture there, to the point of hostility when Bran breaks out of her set mould. There are some hints of the differences between Chauntean and Tempus ideologies as well. All the little things like herb-lore and descriptions of the varying landscapes of the isles add to the fullness of it.

Your Branwen seems spot-on too: Strong, determined to the point of obsession, yet compassionate and fair. She takes a lot of knocks in this but it only seems to strengthen her. I can see how she got the label of 'mad' though, as she has the tenacity of a pit bull! There is an innocence there. Her visions are very well done as learning exercises. It was a great moment when she summoned the hammer of Tempus! It's a shame about her family, but then we do know where she ends up, so not a surprise. Hope to see more of this (and to review when I have the time!) :)
SmallInsect chapter 4 . 3/31/2012
There's really no polite way I can come up with to call her brother an ass. Still the story is beautiful, as erver. You've changed bits here and there since I last saw it. I do think these first four chapters arethe best
Zireael07 chapter 4 . 3/30/2012
Love the chapter. Poor Branwen.
Zireael07 chapter 3 . 3/23/2012
Love the chapter. Awesome visions...
Zireael07 chapter 2 . 3/22/2012
Love the story. Awesome idea!
SmallInsect chapter 2 . 3/11/2012
I am very very happy to see this uploaded :) I remember you sending me chunks. I take it it's completed now as unlike some people around here you actually do that before you start posting.

I always liked this chapter, choosing your fate and in her own way, Branwen walked the middle line.

I look forward to seeing new content here,
Late to the Party chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
This was a lot of fun to read; I'm intrigued as to where this is leading. Great to see young Branwen. Vidar and Njall were fun too ).