Reviews for bend towards the sun
Curly Charlan chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
This is lovely! Your rhythm of writing is very similar to Erin Morgenstern's. It's very effective. Thank you!
fiesa chapter 1 . 9/13/2013

Short, simple, such perfect, clipped sentences - and all that can be read in between the lines. Simply beautiful.

I love Tsukiko, and I wholeheartedly wished for a happy ending for her. Thank you for giving her one, and one that perfect. I love the fact that they are fighting/playing/feeling each other at the end, it was what they always did and what defines them, too, especially if one has power over water and one over fire. At least that's what I dimly remember and what I read from your words - I am re-reading the book for the third time, I think, but Tsukiko and I haven't yet been introduced (again). I love the fact that they are back in their home land, on the familiar rice terraces. And I love the way you let Tsukiko die - not bitter, not alone, peaceful and calm as she always was, holding together until the last breath. (And beyond.) I love that you included Bailey. He's a wonderful character. And he stays for more reasons than only duty, I am sure.

It shouldn't take so many words to tell you this story is absolutely beautiful. I just can't help myself. Thanks for sharing it.
Poppet chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
That's so amazingly cute
Nat CG chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
So beautifuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul ;3;
Kataanglover138 chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
That was beautiful, though part of me wishes it were longer. :)
PrincessLazyPants chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
This is the first Night Circus fanfic I've read since finishing the book, and oh my gosh, it was clever and brilliant and I absolutely adored it! Your characterization of Tsukiko was spot on, and although we never heard about Hinata's, the way you wrote her seemed to fit as well! Great job!
Amber chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Such a sweet story! Lovely, lovely. Thank you for writing; it is very good.
sylvetta chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Nice! Tsukiko's character is just right :) and Hinata is just as I imagined her to be: quick and hard to catch, never blunt, but always smooth and light.

Awesome work! By the way, what happened to Poppet, Widget and Bailey?
sparksfly chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
This was a lovely story. What made you think to do a twist on Hinata and Tsukiko? Anyways I thought it was wonderful. And I like how Hinata and Tsukiko are together (': Thank you, again truly amazing (:
thablueGRRL chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Thank you for giving them a happy ending. Here's a cookie.