Reviews for Painting Friends
Sabrina Granger-Weasley chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
.Goodness. This brought tears to my eyes. It's so sad yet encouraging, and really shows an amazing side to Luna. Thank you for writing this.
Bagge chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Beautiful image of Luna and her father. The cozy, friendly atmosphere is very fitting for Luna and stand i stark contrast to the creepy emptiness Harry, Hermionie and Ron experience when they visit the same scene in the last book. The bitter-sweet resonance in Luna's dedication to her friends and Xenophilius sorrow for her loneliness is also very well described. My favorite image is that of the pink smeer and traces of tears in Luna's face.

I think you could have skipped the last two paragraphs. You don't need to spell out the underlying sadness in the situation for the reader - you have made that clear by that point. But overall this is a beautiful and tearful description of Luna Lovegood. Just as they should be.
ProfessorSquirrell chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Aww I love Luna and I love Xeno's reaction in this scene. And the thought of Luna crying breaks my heart. When I read the description of her room in the book I could imagine her painting her friends faces on the wall and I am so glad you managed to capture it so beautifully in this piece. She's so matter of fact about everything and just the word "Friends" out of her mouth is so moving, I really don't know how to explain it. Well done!
Wolf of the Dawn chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
:O This is so beautiful! Poor poor Luna. I would be her friend! :D
Madame President chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
that was really beautiful. i really admire luna. she's my favorite character in the hp universe. she's sorta sad, but also really strong and mad and fabulous.
PieceOfGum chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Loved this!

I don't know what it was about this fic that appealed to me so much, usually Luna-centered pieces bore me(which is strange, as I love her). This one, however, was so... endearing. Just the image of her lying on her back, painting her friends on the ceiling was so sweet, as well as her father's adoration for her. 'He cried for her, she who didn't ever frown because she didn't have enough friends, only smiled because she did have some' - I loved that.

Overall, I think you did a great job capturing her innocence, so to speak, her light. And that's not an easy task.

Great job!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
This was really sweet, I loved it…
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Oh hey that was yesterday, wasn't it sad I only know that because google had a different symbol than normal? XP

I liked that. A lot. That was awesome! :D I like how you portray Luna, of course, but the fact that Xeno has some sanity, unlike most portrayals of him you see, was totally awesome. Great job! XD
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
This was sad!

But so well written, as always, you really wrote Xeno vey good :)

The last three lines were my favorite :D

Much love!

smallpaperstars chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
really, really sweet :) I always loved that Luna painted her room, its so in character for her. And I love how much her father loves her.