Reviews for Tasting the Tempest
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
Wow! This description is extremely well done, and shows us how sensitive she is to the magic around her. No doubt that sensitivity is extended to the beasts her care, as well.
JUJUChick16 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Wow, I will admit that was very different and odd. But you are a highly talented writer, and you really captured the emotion and the sensations that were being brought on. So not my cup of tea but I must say you wrote this brilliantly and that is one reason why I love reading your stories. You can write about a plastic bag blowing in the wind and it would be brilliant!
aptasi chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
I love your interpretation of Wilhelmina in your fic. It really makes me like and notice her character. I didn't pay much attention to her when I first read the cannon, and I love it when fic brings my attention to great minor characters. Also, your description and imagery in here is awesome.
tetleybag chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Mmmmmhhhh ... and this is just the right thing to pick me up after checking the Hogsmeade Floo Book in vain for the fireplace number of a good trauma expert for the Minerva of "Never" (damn that Edwardian universe of the HP books).

I love this sensual encounter with the elements, and who else could the storm lover be but Wilhelmina? Beautiful! And like a true storm, it's over so suddenly, and life begins refreshed.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
This was masterful (sorry, but 'mistressful' sounds funny).

One more excellent portrait of Wilhelmina to add to my collection. I hadn't paid much attention to her until I read your stories, but she has become one of my favourite characters. Interesting how Harry doesn't see this side of her at all (of course), but this is still very consistent with the picture of her in canon. A sensual and sensitive person, yes.

Also very vivid description of the magical storm. I could almost feel it. I can think of two other people who probably feel it acutely too: Hagrid and Minerva. I wish I could write this, but it's beyond my capacities.

Storms, even non magical ones, have a way of literally bringing out our strong feelings and passions and leaving us with a sense of intense relief. And this story does too.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
You stepped into a different realm here than you usually do - truly losing yourself in pure and rampant MAGIC !

Such gorgeous and sensual discriptions, here.

Beautifully done - and Willa - how gloriously sky-clad ! No wonder you were drawn to delve into the power of tornados...