Reviews for Notes from a Love Story
caskettlover45 chapter 2 . 3/29
I've read this before but I just found it again and I love it so much :) thanks for writing!
Caskett1960 chapter 2 . 2/20/2014
OMG! I loved this. It was so perfect.
The-KLF chapter 2 . 1/31/2014
This is just so beautiful. I like to think that they have been writing each other notes, maybe not to this degree, but at least a few, for the whole time. And I'm certain Kate would keep a few of them. Thank you got writing this :)
non chapter 2 . 12/29/2013
Pffft - apparently this site ate away my shout written before the exclamation mark — all in caps AND with at least one space between all the letters— that said that "this is awsome". Yes, it isn't original, but it comes from my heart.

Cheers!
non chapter 2 . 12/29/2013
And one sticky note for you:

!

Here, go and post it on your fridge or something. Well earned!

(Can Ryan & Espo get any cuter?)
non chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Parrots — you just got to love them!
LaLa111202 chapter 2 . 9/25/2013
Aw, this was really, really sweet! Just lovely. Thanks for sharing!
LilithL2 chapter 2 . 9/9/2013
wow...
how emotional!
you made me cry again!

congratulations, amazing story and well written ;)
Guest chapter 2 . 8/29/2013
You truly have a gift with words, this story brought me to tears! I was hooked and didn't take my eyes off until I was finished. Beautiful story, all your work is amazing!
Rachel C. Astrid chapter 2 . 7/31/2013
Well, I did it. I managed to tear my eyes away long enough to copy multiple quotes. But they're more like favorite paragraphs than favorite lines, even after I tried to shorten them for quoting purposes.

(unless you count the times when he uses her phone to map out a plot point for the new novel because he's worn the battery down on his own with his excessive rounds of Angry Birds, because she really hates to be spoilt)

She has to be in for an early briefing in the morning, and he barely stirs when she extricates herself from his arms. She can't find a pen, so she writes him a note with her eyeliner pencil.
It's not your fault
p.s. you owe me new eyeliner
From that day, he keeps a pen on her side of the bed.

And when he calls her less than an hour later with tears in his voice because his little girl has gone, she leaves her second coffee half touched in the café around the corner from his building and walks right back into his arms.
Part of the present she gave Alexis was a series of postcards with quotes from famous authors on them. Alexis sends them to her father through the course of her first semester, and the looks he gives her every time one appears in his pile of mail quite literally melt her heart

I want ALL of those to be (/to have been) on the show. I wish they'd hired you.

Oh, and that ending. Oh. Oh so happy. Thanks for this.

(P.S. Hm, I tried to review Pt 1 a second time with another favorite quote but FFnet doesn't seem to have liked that. It was one near the end about talking about the notes with Burke.)
Rachel C. Astrid chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
I LOVE this. The flow, the language, the humor, the seriousness, the quietness of the story and yet how significant it obviously is to them.

This was my favorite quote, but there were many others. It was just that, once I copied it, I couldn't stop reading long enough to paste it somewhere and continue!

The first time he spends the night in her apartment, in a protecting you from a serial killer way rather than that way (that will come later) he leaves her a shopping list on her fridge the next morning.

It got blown up the next day, but it's the thought that counts.
AravaT chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
awesome story! It is so creatively written and flows so well even with the different time lines!
lv2bnsb1 chapter 2 . 3/10/2013
I loved the way you wrote this. At first in this chapter I felt you might have rushed forward too much too soon, but then I realized that you were perfectly adept at writing this chapter to well match the first. Very nice. It actually complements another story I loved so much, the one from Chezchuckles where it's Beckett's notes in that Japanese box. Anyhow, I think this may add to my little dainty list of favorite ever ever best stories (special category).
lv2bnsb1 chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This is lovely! So wonderful. Thank you.
actuallyido chapter 2 . 12/14/2012
I spent a half hour of my morning that was supposed to be spent studying, reading this. And I dont regret this at all. Such a beautiful, beautiful portrayal of their relationship. Now that they're together, I read only established relationship fics, but I couldn't resist this one. It was so perfect in describing their relationship, right from the you for sharing such a beautiful story.