Reviews for Preferring the Blonde
OMG please! We need an update! I'm begging you
Willemke chapter 36 . 6/13/2014
Thank you so much! I was having a really bad day yesterday and for some reason I decided to rewatch the series finale of smash. After that was done, I felt even worse than before, so I started skimming through fanfics. I read about 20, most of them not even half because they turned out to be about Cartwills. But then I started reading yours and really could not stop. I read on the bus, during lectures, during meals. This morning, I read the last chapters of your amazing fanfic and not that I've finished it, I really want to thank you. Thank you for taking my mind of my life for some time & thank you for taking me back to a time, when we still got a new episode of this show every week. Beautifully written, my shipper heart is happy again!
Chelsea Lynn chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Oh my gosh I love this fanfic. I really do I've read it for about 15 times this week
mwoodscc chapter 36 . 12/30/2013
First thing I have to say is, thank you, thank you, thank you for this story. I LOVE it!

This is the second time I have read this story. The first being about 6 months ago. I happily ran across it again because, unlike a lot of SMASH fans, I prefer Ivy for the role of Marilyn and Megan Hilty for the role of the main actress, so my google search led me quickly to it. So reading a nicely written Ivy or in this case (Divy) story was a real pleasure. There aren't that many Ivy/Divy stories out online which surprises me.

I love how you balance dialogue and description perfectly. I do wish though that the chapters were a tad longer because I sort of raced through the story rather quickly because I loved it so much.

I do have a few things to nit pick though: you haven't touched upon the whole issue of Ivy getting drunk/high while performing in Heaven on Earth and since you don't plan on following the stoyrline that season 1 ended on, so I'm slightly confused on where this is going if the drama isn't going to be focussed on Karen and Ivy for the role of Marilyn. Or do you plan on going a different route entirely and not give Karen any chance at being Marilyn?

I would really like it if you could please continue this story. Also if you know of any other Ivy or Divy stories that are good, could you please refer them because they are hard to find. Thank you for keeping up with the story and for sharing this with the Ivy/Divy/Smash fan base! You are wonderful! (-)
Guest chapter 36 . 9/3/2013
Oh my god, I read this entire story in one day because I could not stop reading. It is truly amazing and I actually wish this had been the show. I don't mind waiting for the next chapter, I just ask that you please don't abandon it! It's way too good to be left unfinished.
Jenifer chapter 36 . 7/12/2013
I really love this story I cant wait for the next chapter please update soon
AshleyM15 chapter 36 . 6/5/2013
Brill chapter! I love that you made Tom and Derek tell Ivy about their fallout. Derek's face...he was worried what Ivy finding out! I can't wait for the next chapter! I wonder what Derek would say about 'you need to speak to your father'? Can't wait :)
Clearly Drank Darks Lemonade chapter 36 . 6/5/2013
Yay... You updated. It is a shame about the show. But, i am sooo glad it ended with ivy and derek., and baby... Anyways i hope you keep updating this story.
Belle of Books chapter 36 . 6/2/2013
I love this story. I just reread the entire thing. Pleasssseeee keep writing. I need my Ivy/Derek fix and this is practically the only full length story. Plus well-written. Please keep going! I'm lovin' it!
Smash-Photographer chapter 36 . 5/31/2013
This is not only a great story on its own. I think when it comes down to Derek involved with someone, but still true to his own character, this is probably the best story there is to find on this website. Great job!
LadyKBlack chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
I am so glad you are gonna keep writing this story. I am really sad for the cancelation of Smash but well there is nothing we can do about it. I agree that the show was flawed, but there are many flawed shows out there and they dont go around cancelling them. Gess they just coudnt afford to keep it on air.
Well I hope that you dont stop wrinting this story, its really well written and Derek and Ivy are really two of the best characters of Smash.
Silently Tearful chapter 36 . 5/30/2013
so glad you updated. loved how we got to learn more about tom and dereks past together. cant wait to see what happens next.
AshleyM15 chapter 35 . 4/22/2013
Brill chapter! absolutely wonderful! I'm really loving your Ivy and Derek relationship progression. It's a route which I think is throughly believable and it's just fantastic. I love that 'All about Eve' quote. It definitely seems apt as I suspect a massive Derek and Tom blowout! I can't wait to read the next chapter!
Anonymous chapter 35 . 4/21/2013
You updated! I literally squeezed with joy when I saw that! And the chapter made me forget about the wait it was sooo good. I'm just going to say that I love ivy covering for Derek. I can't wait to read the next chapter with the tom ivy Derek talk. I can literally see the steam coming from toms ears! I can't wait for the next chapter! Please can it be speedy Please!
Anonymous chapter 35 . 4/21/2013