Reviews for Acorns and Observations
wenduo chapter 1 . 7/28
I think you caught the view of what Gimli may think of the Elf very well. I guess they could learn much from each other. You know it sounds a bit like Legolas would have a long list of stories where he lost track of time and the trouble he got of it. xD
Hiraeth chapter 1 . 7/21
This is so unbelievably beautiful
boxofruffalos chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
I loved this-so deep and beautiful and descriptive...I'm so glad I found this! Please keep writing, you've really got something special.
Zardi chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
What a pleasant missing moment during the journey! You've done well capturing the nature of their friendship, and Gimli's voice.
nosmaeth chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
"Many will speak of their own homes, few will ask of another's." Oh, go to hell, this line was so absolutely perfect. Perfectly placed in the text and wonderfully true in itself...
I am really glad I found this. Gimli is perfectly shown, the words flow nicely, all of it is heartwarming, true to the universe and altogether wonderful. If anyone has talent, you definitely do!
Thank you for this! Beautiful...
Bourbon Rose chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
So that's where the acorn comes from :D I adore how Gimli sees Legolas, the way he describes him speaks of so much admiration and respect, but also the ever-present gentle gruffness that Gimli carries. It's wonderful how you portray their friendship, it's heartwarming :)
Guest Spritta chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
The little acorn reference in “The Silence in the Song” makes much more sense to me now, thanks for clearing that up.
I know I'm in danger of repeating myself, but it is true, so I just have to say: I enjoyed this very much. I love your writing style and that you use Gilmi's point of view.
Thanks again for leading my attention towards this sweet little story.
Take care.
Best regards Spritta
Kitten2021 chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I don't usually comment, but yours was incredible enough I couldn't help myself...
Well done! This was absolutely beautiful! Two thumbs up (and if I had more hands, I'd give more thumbs)! ;)
ForTheGun chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
(This is my actual username, but I cannot log in on the device I'm using for some reason)
I barely ever review, but I loved this so much that I had to. I can now say that, on my list of favorite fics in this fandom, this is on my top 10. Keep up the absolutely incredible work :)
TiaKisu chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Wow, you really make it kind of easy to review. I usually tend to point out what exactly it is that I like about a fic, or where improvements could be made - be as constructive as I can. But all that comes to mind when reading your fics is that I love them to bits. And I would have to quote each and every single line you wrote if I wanted to show which parts I enjoyed in particular.
It starts with your choice of words and ends with how amazingly well you portray both characters and their friendship. You really are incredibly talented, and I am very glad to have stumbled upon your works!

As always, thanx for writing and sharing. TK
CocoaB chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Distraction? It was beautiful one - such a sweet and gentle take on the beginnings of their friendship - a little glimpse of what made it such a remarkable one. Thank you so much for writing and sharing!
WonderingGirl chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
WOW! What a wonderful one shot!

I loved everything about it! It is extremely well-written and Gimli's portrayal is simply perfect! I think that you really understand the characters and Tolkien's universe. Thank you so much for writing it!

Sincerely, WG
Ynnealay chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Great job, no plot really, but it was deep in a way I cannot understand. Good job.
EstelleTiniwiel chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Some excellent ideas here, and absolutely beautifully written. I loved it.
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I like this story as well. It gives a diffrent view on the early stages of this particular friendship, which is nice
At least I assume it is, since even tough Gandalf was not mentioned, this probably has to take place in a time when danger was known, but not close by just yet. And it can not be on the Way to Lorien, so...early it is. I guess XD