Reviews for Acorns and Observations
UndeadOctopus chapter 1 . 6/28
Dude I'm gonna cry. I love Gimli and Legolas' friendship so much.
Hawaiichick chapter 1 . 5/2
I love getting a look at Gimli's thoughts and reactions to Legolas. It's a treat to get to see Legolas through the eyes of another. What a fun read!
KimicThranduilion chapter 1 . 1/8
I can't believe this was your first attempt. It reads so wonderfully. I love this perspective of Legolas and Gimlis awe and wonder and grudging respect for him. Theirs is a beautiful friendship and I have a thing for fics like these that explore how it first formed. Your writing is great- the descriptions bring vivid pictures to my mind. Lovely piece :)
Teacuppy chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
I enjoyed reading this very much,
I love Gimli and Legolas, I think their friendship is one of the most beautiful things in LOTR world.
DaughteroftheValar1701 chapter 1 . 7/6/2016
Aww your inaugural fanfic! this is adorable. much love.
Lotrfn chapter 1 . 3/6/2016
I love your short vignettes about Legolas and Gimli. I always wished there were more stories about them.
wenduo chapter 1 . 7/28/2015
I think you caught the view of what Gimli may think of the Elf very well. I guess they could learn much from each other. You know it sounds a bit like Legolas would have a long list of stories where he lost track of time and the trouble he got of it. xD
Hiraeth chapter 1 . 7/21/2015
This is so unbelievably beautiful
boxofruffalos chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
I loved this-so deep and beautiful and descriptive...I'm so glad I found this! Please keep writing, you've really got something special.
Zardi chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
What a pleasant missing moment during the journey! You've done well capturing the nature of their friendship, and Gimli's voice.
nosmaeth chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
"Many will speak of their own homes, few will ask of another's." Oh, go to hell, this line was so absolutely perfect. Perfectly placed in the text and wonderfully true in itself...
I am really glad I found this. Gimli is perfectly shown, the words flow nicely, all of it is heartwarming, true to the universe and altogether wonderful. If anyone has talent, you definitely do!
Thank you for this! Beautiful...
Bourbon Rose chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
So that's where the acorn comes from :D I adore how Gimli sees Legolas, the way he describes him speaks of so much admiration and respect, but also the ever-present gentle gruffness that Gimli carries. It's wonderful how you portray their friendship, it's heartwarming :)
Guest Spritta chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
The little acorn reference in “The Silence in the Song” makes much more sense to me now, thanks for clearing that up.
I know I'm in danger of repeating myself, but it is true, so I just have to say: I enjoyed this very much. I love your writing style and that you use Gilmi's point of view.
Thanks again for leading my attention towards this sweet little story.
Take care.
Best regards Spritta
Kitten2021 chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I don't usually comment, but yours was incredible enough I couldn't help myself...
Well done! This was absolutely beautiful! Two thumbs up (and if I had more hands, I'd give more thumbs)! ;)
ForTheGun chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
(This is my actual username, but I cannot log in on the device I'm using for some reason)
I barely ever review, but I loved this so much that I had to. I can now say that, on my list of favorite fics in this fandom, this is on my top 10. Keep up the absolutely incredible work :)