Reviews for My Duty or My Heart
AriaBelikov chapter 13 . 2/13
Please update soon. this is getting interesting.
TheGreatAnimeYoukai chapter 13 . 1/15
Please, please, PLEASE ... update? That is, if you aren't in a coma or paralysed or dead. I really like this story!
Bloody Rose18 chapter 13 . 9/11/2013
So your gonna conitnue the story? Thats great!
Guest chapter 13 . 8/24/2013
nuuuuuuuuu please don't! I LOVE this story TT
4Eva Dreaming chapter 13 . 8/14/2013
TTTT awwwwwnnnnnn I love this story and really wanted to know who won th bet and how it ended and if Kagome fell I love with Inuyasha! *sniffle sniffle*
gotboredofthisonenotcomingback chapter 13 . 7/28/2013
But your version is much better to me, her's was way rush already, while your is building up, just talk to her about it and IDK edit some of you chapters giving credit to her, it not like you're stealing her story, since your version are some ways completely opposite, many people really adore this version...
Inufan4life chapter 13 . 7/24/2013
OK, so I've looked up every story I can find on F.F. called "Duty to your Pack"and it seems like the original author was neko-hanyou12, neko-hanyou22 claims that she's the same person, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading her blog previously and back then she also claimed to have had a completely different user name listed under the account that she can conveniently no longer remember the email password she used for. I'm not saying that she's not the same person, but people do lie and unless she could prove a legitimate claim to the original account in question to the site's monitors it's not like she could ever get away with forcing them to delete your story or something so if she's threatened you at all then they any such threats would probably be meaningless, especially since it doesn't seem like you've ever thought this was any other authors story except Suikazura's. Besides that, once you get past the second chapter neko's story and yours are completely different! If you'd just change the similarities and credit neko-hanyou(12/?22?) for the original idea then I'm sure you'd never hear another word of comparison between the two fics unless it was from another author thanking you for recommending neko-hanyou22's work to them before complementing you on your own story.

Of course all that I've just talked about actually begs the question of whether or not you have actually contacted neko-hanyou22 at all. If you have not and are just merely deleting your story because you've received a comment saying that neko is suddenly writing "her" version of the story (?again?) then I'd say that's a pretty lousy reason for doing so! You never know, if you explain your situation, discard the similarities between the two stories(title, summary, and chapters 1 and 2), and give her a mention than maybe she'll be fine with you continuing to write this Wonderful, and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT story while thanking you for openly coming forward and talking to her. Technically, if you make the changes I suggested talking to her at all wouldn't even be necessary so you'd be making an incredibly kind gesture by even talking to her about it. -I know several authors who have been recommended to me via inspirational or tribute stories and they've never even known there was anyone out their recommending their work in the first place.

To conclude, if you have not been contacted or made an effort to contact neko yourself about the situation then I doubt she really cares about your story too much, and if she's not stressing out about it then why should you? I was looking through her reviews and someone already mentioned your story and user name, along with the bit about how you adopted it from another author, to her after she finished posting "her" second chapter. If she wanted to confront, flame, or threaten you then she certainly could have done it long ago, especially since the review was posted back on the 1st of May 2013. If she has yet to do so then I most certainly fail to see why your stressing out over her and her lemony version of "Duty to Your Pack" when she certainly doesn't seem to be losing a wink of sleep over your Very Different take on it! I can't stop you from deleting this if it's really what you want to do, but I do think that your making a Huge mistake in doing so since a few simple changes could easily fix the whole situation, assuming there really is one because, like I said, neko-hanyou22 certainly knows of your story's existence already and if she hasn't contacted you and/or ordered you to delete it by now then I doubt she ever will, especially since there's no way she can ever really prove any true claim on the story without being able to log back onto "her original" account: neko-hanyou12.
Caligirl00006 chapter 13 . 7/23/2013
AWWWWW! But I love this story!
j.wintercrow chapter 13 . 7/23/2013
nooooo! you cant delete it i love this story!
can you at least send me the finished story!
DragonHeart64 chapter 13 . 7/24/2013
Forgive me, but I really don't see why you feel that you have to delete this story entirely. If I were you I'd change up the first two chapters, slap on an original "Rikki Taro" brand story name and summary, give neko-hanyou22 a little credit/shout-out/honorable mention, or whatever you want to call it, and continue on! Her story is absolutely nothing like yours! You've taken the basic concepts in those first two chapters and turned them into something that's completely your own so yeah, let neko-hanyou22 have credit for her original ideas, but don't let her writing of one short 5 or 6 chapter lemon fic be the only reason you are giving up! If you had just lost your inspiration or will to continue with the story then I might understand your reason for wanting to delete this, but her story and yours are as different as day and night, if anything I'd say that her work has merely been an inspiration for you and nothing more. You've taken her general ideas and ran with them, creating an original story that's all your own, you just need to acknowledge that, change your title, summary, and beginning chapters, and remember to give a little credit where credit is due, that way everyone can be happy!
Silvermist66 chapter 13 . 7/23/2013
I'm certainly sorry to hear that, I've just finished reading her version of the story and it's light-years apart from yours. She's only written 3 chapters and claims to be 85% done with the story. It's good, but it also feels a bit rushed and almost sloppy at the same time. You've done a much better job with the concept by far! If not for their shared summary, name, and first two chapters I doubt anyone would really be able to associate them with one another. After all, the only other thing they really share is the idea of the pack, which is not necessarily uncommon as I've seen similar ideas in other, none "Duty to Your Pack" related stories, and the fact that Kagome is Inuyasha's predestined mate, which happens to be a concept that many Inu/Kag stories tend to share anyway. If you were to change those first three things around and give neko her appropriate credit, then maybe she'd be fine with you continuing this? It might be worth a try! Though if you really do just want to give up on this then I'll respect your decision, no matter how sad I'll be to see it go! Either way, I thank you very much for the enjoyable reading experience you have provided me with and wish you luck with your future stories!
HopelessRomantic183 chapter 13 . 7/23/2013
That's such a shame, I've read both versions and yours is completely different from hers! Kagome's sssoooo annoyingly easy for Yash to control in that story and neko's already writing a wedding/wedding night scene for them! Her's is way too rushed and, if you ask me, it seems like she's just trying to get it out of the way so she can be done with it, in contrast, you've given a whole lot more depth to both the storyline and it's characters, and made it into an interesting and exciting read! Couldn't you just try reworking the beginning chapters a little bit and change the name of the story to something different while giving neko-hanyou22 inspirational credit for her original idea(s) or something? I know authors do that sort of thing all the time, they'll read a story that inspires them and then write their own, completely different, fic from it while also citing the appropriate author their work that inspired them to write the new story. You could even try contacting neko-hanyou22 and asking if the idea would be alright with her. I'd find it hard to believe that she'd flat out turn you down when you'd ultimately be drawing publicity to her own story as well as your own. Besides, it's not like you even knew that Suikazura stole the story before putting it up for adoption so she can't exactly accuse you of stealing her work or anything, it's Suikazura who did that not you!
tigeraangel chapter 13 . 7/22/2013
Oh don't take it down nako got it from another author plus u may have the same summary but it's a different story
Good luck
randomlysaved chapter 11 . 7/21/2013
so i just read chillo's review, and did the research andddd whooooaaaa! this story and hanyou22 whatever have basically the same story, like A LOT! idk if u got it from her or wateve cause yours is better written, but if u did get it from her. chillo is right, u should give credit
randomlysaved chapter 12 . 7/21/2013
hmmmm my most toucing inukag moment...grrr that's hard aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh to many .