Reviews for Volunteer for Death
Kat chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I'd love to say "write more!" but I'm aware that if someone's not inspired to write or just plain doesn't want to, it won't be as good.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to read more though. If you ever find it in you to continue this, be sure to know I'll read it. :)
Lorelei Eve chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
"Smile, Catnip, we're going to kill them. We always did hunt better together." He flashes me a smile of his own with these words.- This is so utterly Gale, it's absolute perfection. Not only is he protecting Katniss because how he feels for her, but he's getting to rebel like he's always wanted. Great job :)
Ellenka chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
LOVE IT :)

Probably the best take on Gale volunteering I've seen so far. Amazing writing and wonderful imagery. The "halo of red" was perfect.

Also, this:

"...there is no Katniss Everdeen without Gale Hawthorne and no Gale without Katniss." - YEAH! :D

Great work, thanks for sharing. :)
TheWeekendSinner chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Really nicely written.

"I watch the horror start to dawn on their faces because there is no Katniss Everdeen without Gale Hawthorne and no Gale without Katniss." OMG That just killed me. *heart breaks*

Katniss's thoughts about Prim starving were well written, as well as everything she felt about Gale volunteering and Peeta's tears.

I loved all the descriptions of his scars too, although in regards to this: "The puckered flesh burnt while working in the mines," I don't think he was working in the mines during the time of the Reaping.

Great work. :)