Reviews for The Smallest Chance
hydrocephalussickbucket chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
GIRL! YOUR FF TOUCHED MY HEART REALLY DEEPLY!BUT I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS! I HOPE IT IS OKAY, WHEN I ASK? THE FIRST ONE IS...WHY GOES YAMI WITH MAI IN THE CINEMA? I THOUGHT HE DOESN'T LIKE EGGPLANTS? AND SECONDLY...WHY DID HE DO THAT? HE KNOWS THAT MAI ONLY LOVE YUGIS GRANDPA! SHE CAN'T BE BLAME FOR HIS LOVE FOR RIDING GO CARTS!I HOPE YOU WILL CLARIFY THAT IN LATER CHAPTERS! ;D
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I'll be totally honest, I found it really hard to believe that they (Ryou, especially) were at Julliard. That's ridiculously hard. But! Getting past that, I thought the story was very sweet and I liked how you wrote the two of them, it was nice to see their relationship in the beginning stages like that.

Good job on this, and keep it up!

~Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I am so happy for you because I think this is the best thing you've written yet! I just loved it... how relationship-driven the story was, how much time and effort you put into it, the atmosphere and dialogue and the little uncertainties and vulnerabilities that made the characters so real and human. Fantastic job! Thank you for writing this! I'm so excited to see what you write next!
1-800-SHDWRLM chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Yeah, I can see Anzu always thinking about Atem. I just think it's a little cruel for Ryou to say it's sweet, but that's just my opinion. Good luck :)
Dusty Llama chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
This was really sweet! I like that you talked about Anzu's dancing, and especially that you took liberty and gave Ryou his own art form to study. He fits the role of a theatre major.

Their interaction was nice, and appropriately awkward.

Nicely done, and good luck!
Chicary chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
This fic has me nostaligic for my university days. Even though it was a stressful time, I really enjoyed being on campus. It seems both of them have really grown up and are dealing with, arguably, more serious personal issues. I like how you set up the conversation between them, especially the scene where Anzu's explanation was a separate section on its own. I feel like this could continue though, that their relationship is just budding.
OxEyed chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
At first I was caught off-guard by the idea of Ryou as an actor, but when you think about it, that's a lot of what role-playing is, isn't it? And Yami Bakura was a really good actor, too, it'd be interesting if Ryou picked up some skills from him, or vice versa...(getting off track)

I've never been to Juilliard, so I have no idea if this is accurate, but the story definitely had the feel of a college campus. I kept picturing my old college cafeteria instead of the one described.

I also like that the relationship isn't forced. They're both in new situations and it's only natural that they'd grow closer as a result. Anyhow, good job and good luck!
PandaTeddyClaws chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
I love hostshipping stories there's always a wonderful lightness to them. Cute and well written good luck in your contest