Reviews for Vacancy
Manifestation chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Like the others said, this story is brilliant. Very poetic.

Shortest review so far. I hope that counts for something _
Pretty Persistent chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Gah, this was so wonderful! And just how I see it in the show. It drives me insane that Andre doesn't get how she feels about him. And you captured that perfect. I think Tori and Andre are so far in the friendzone that I don't understand their appeal. But I even got a sense of that in the way you wrote Andre, too.

This was great. Very real and honest. You really did a great job with Cat/Andre. :)
of monsters and me chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
You,, my dear,, are a truly amazing author. I practically worship this story;)

Amazing quotes—

“He grins, brighter than the sun.”

/\

“The world is a cruel enough place, to not be able to smile would be equally as cruel.” “Cat smiles, even when her heart breaks.”

/\

“At much as their friendship means to her, it still hurts to see how André looks at Tori.”

/\

“She doesn’t think how much that laugh makes her heart flutter and crash at the same time.”

/\

“Cat wishes that she could look that perfect, hand in hand, with someone, with…”

/\

“Heartsickness is a valid excuse in her book.”

/\

“It is rather pathetic, she realizes, she knows that she shouldn’t care so much about whether they are talking or not, but she finds that it obsesses her to no end.” & “But there are times when Tori does absolutely nothing and André still stares at her as if she holds the world in the palm of her hand.”

/\

“She wonders when it started, that she could actually recognize the love in her voice when she says his name. She finds that she hates herself for it.” & “A pause, then a nail in the coffin by her own hand.”

/\

“Cat thinks she handled the first half of the date rather well until Robbie whimpers. She finds that she was crushing his fingers with her frustrated, viselike grip.”

/\

“Sometimes he looks at her, though, and she thinks she sees the way that André looks at Tori. And it scares her.”

/\

“‘I know, Cat. I know. You don’t have to say it if you don’t want to. I know.’” & “She truly doesn’t deserve him.”

.&.

It’s especially moving for me,, because it almost seems like you are describing this time in my life—this time right now,, where I’m Cat && I’m confused && just—

You’re an amazing writer. Uh-maze-ing. I wish that I had half the amount of talent you have.

keep ritin foreva

—J
Berry's Ambitions chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Awww... that was so sad. :,( Poor Cat. This was brilliant as always! Definitely stirred up my emotions.

I immensely enjoyed your portrayal of Cat. It feels very accurate. She's not a dumb girl by any means, and she's aware what other people think about her. It was really realistic and may have been my favourite part of the fic. You gave Cart a lot of depth while still giving her that cheery, bubbly front.

I loved how she'd always look at Beck and Jade. I ship Bade to no end so it was nice to see them being all couple-y and cute.

Robbie... Awww. He's so sweet. I like Cabbie and am glad Cat got a chance of having a happy ending. Robbie's such a good guy, flaws and creepy tendencies aside. I actually am glad you added Cabbie.

You wrote Andre and Cat's relationship really well. I felt so bad for Cat throughout and couldn't help wishing his feelings were for her and not Tori. The subtle things, like how he knew what her favourite flowers were lilies, were perfect.

This one-shot was beautiful, touching, and poignant. Very much worth the wait! :) I hope you write more Victorious soon! Here's to hoping for some happy Candre at some point, lol!
WOWcow chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Yay, first reviewer! I loved this story so so so much. It seemed so realistic and like it would be exactly what Cat thinks. I thought it was good because it wasn't just a romance, it had a lot of heartbreak as well. And for me a Tandre supporter, it was interesting to read about Cat's pretty obvious crush on Andre. Very good :-D