Reviews for The Story of Magus
Master Odin chapter 20 . 6/25/2011
ZPers! Egad, I haven't seen you in forever! So glad to see you're still writing, and working on the great piece of work. I remember reading this back in the day and it was good then and even better now with the rewrite. You actually make me almost want to give a damn about Janus. Almost. Which is good because, frankly, I can't stand him as a character. I'll be watching for updates.
VentureH chapter 20 . 6/8/2011
Zeal, I thoroughly enjoyed re-reading this story after all these years. I hope you're able to complete it here on FFN, as I'm anxious to see the transformations in Magus' relationships both with Cyrus and with the Mystics.
ushauz chapter 2 . 1/22/2011
Amazing! I love your updated revisions of the Story of Magus and deeply hope you continue tweaking the fanfic. This was a long-time favorite of mine, and I am so glad you are still working on it.
Marle chapter 20 . 1/2/2011
YAY! You continued it! :D
Dinky Barrel chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
This is awesome. The original had me glued to my seat and the rewrite has me rivetted. I'm looking forward to your updates as they come along :D
The Flesh of JRB chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Top of your game, Zeal. I can see why you wanted to rework this, as by doing so you've taken an already large story and made it all the more grand. With the inclusion of more political intrigue we can see the true things that shaped the royal family and made them the way they were during the game.

Dalton really came through in this one. His role is smaller than some of the others in the larger scheme of things, but he adds a very human element to the narrative. I'm also very impressed by what you've done with the King and his relationship with the Queen. It strikes me as a much more realistic take on the lives of royals as they struggle to maintain their monarchy in the face of a ruling council(parliment).

I can't wait for the next of the updated sections.
Kamikazejl chapter 7 . 8/23/2004
*jaw drops* WHAT? The little boy is.. HIM? OMFG.

I must say you have an interesting writing style. A bit hard for me to follow- but I like it nonetheless. I had wished the characters to be a bit more rounded, but your writing shows what was in the game, and less of your own thoughts. Nice. Rather- different and unique.

WELL. I'm off the read the rest on and of off of this server.
Zipis1 chapter 19 . 5/17/2004
Wow! This is great! I anxiously await the next chapter.
Legion chapter 17 . 4/30/2004
I don't know how I missed this story before in my search for Chrono Trigger fics, but I did, and needless to say this is another classic! I've really enjoyed so far how you've portrayed Magus and his feelings through this...and I must also mention that the only reason I am reviewing your story before finishing is that something seems to be wrong with chapter 18...anyway, this is really a remarkable piece, can't wait to see the rest!
Magus Black chapter 19 . 1/29/2004
Great Story.
And even greater philosophy.
Good work.
stan chapter 19 . 10/2/2003
wow...i'm glad i check back once in a while to see if you updated. its been a good year since you last added chapter 18. Finally chapter 19 is here! Keep them coming. Hopefully not another year, although i would wait. you got some talent ever think about going to square and presenting them with this? aites take it easy
Lord Cirenmas chapter 19 . 9/20/2003
Great Story!
Sarah chapter 19 . 9/19/2003
Thank you, now I can read this at school, I find myself really getting into it, fairly often.
ReD009 chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Hey there great story. I really liked it. Keep updating.
CyberSephiroth chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
This story is without a doubt, one of the best written works I have read. It completely blew me away and took me a weak to read 278 pages and the chapter where Cyrus found out the truth. Once again, I would like to congratulate you on a work of art.