Reviews for The Fourth Option
galpinre chapter 5 . 3/9/2016
Dang, I held out hope Garrus was alive ... oh well, here come the tears
meja9201 chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
Thank you, the end of me3 was truly atrocious. Looking forward to reading this.
PauliCN7 chapter 32 . 8/31/2015
Well, I have to be sincere, this Shep ended being a Renegade, but followed his dreams, and also, I didn't liked so much the ending, but that's all about opinion, I feel like you could've added more emotion, when Shep is leaving the Normandy and the original crew is there, that was a emotional moment, but Wrex dialogue cutted it xDDD and that chat with Traynor was also really Renegade. It just surprised me hos much you changed Shep, I have never read it before. Really good fic -
theraphim chapter 32 . 7/7/2015
This was surprisingly good.
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 28 . 6/28/2015
Wonderful turn around, and brilliant idea for the Quarrians and Geth
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 25 . 6/28/2015
Love the last two lines, and of course Wrex
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 8 . 6/28/2015
Good speech, and assessment by Shepard on the various species. Even at their most barbaric, the Krogan do stay honest
ArturiusRex8 chapter 11 . 5/10/2015
During Hackett's conversation with Shepard he slips back into calling him 'Commander' a few times. Was that intentional?
-ArturiusRex8
nickdaman6 chapter 32 . 3/24/2015
This... this is now cannon for me. I don't care what others say, this is cannon for me! (Even if the fourth option doesn't necessarily exist in-game or in-cannon) But man, you can write a great story! I love this, especially the fact that you didn't go straight for a happy-go-lucky ending with the epilogue or the story itself. You laid out flaws and parts of Shepard's plans that wouldn't go through, but that could be realistically fixed. The characters were well-written (I specifically loved Tali the most, putting a little bit of Garrus into her). But seriously, great job. This might finally bring some closure for me with this game (two years after the game released and I'm STILL getting teary eyed from the "Leaving Earth" song from Mass Effect 3... Don't judge!) Again, I love this story man and I'm glad you wrote. Now, if you don't mind, I think I will go start my... fourth... fifth?! play through of the Mass Effect series (so much for closure...) Peace, happy writing!
Fuzzyfezz chapter 32 . 3/10/2015
Gah! Just finished the epilogue and I was so satisfied with this story! I know itbwas finished two years ago, but I don't care!
Like you, I was happy with the extended cut endings of ME3, well...they were acceptable. I still prefer Shepard living he/she SOoOO deserves the happy ending you wrote for this fic. I haven't checked out your prof, but I intend to. My OTP for male shep is definitely Miranda and I look forward to whatever else you have. Thanks!
Fuzzyfezz chapter 12 . 3/9/2015
I've read the Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother and I'm SO glad you used that as a basis to flesh out Miranda's backstory.
I was always a fan of her character, she stood out by being one of the few love interests (the only?) that didn't immediately throw herself at Shepard. Respect, girl.
I always thought she suffered from shoddy writing in ME2 and that's why people don't like her. It does seem flat, but her development in ME3 moved me to tears at certain scenes and it bugs me to no end that Shepard is the only one to ever react to her change...If you ask me Jack is a bigger bitch than Miranda ever was. Ok. i digress. The point is! I love this story so far and how you write Miranda. It's intruiging and very well done. Love it and will continue!
DaeMEon.ff chapter 10 . 2/8/2015
Just found this little story and started reading this. I have to stop at this chapter and applaud you for dissecting the BS ending so neatly! This chapter alone was worth the read. But Shep/Miranda is a very compelling reason to continue. :)
Love it so far.
Ave Imperium chapter 32 . 10/16/2014
In my first playthrough, I really didn't like Miranda. The second didn't change my opinion of her and the third only mellowed it slightly.

However, you've just made me look at her from a whole different perspective. If I only look at the game, I still think she's a bit of a bitch. But I'd much rather base my opinion of her off this story. Because wow, this story was really nice.

I started it because I had never really explored any fanfiction where Miranda was a primary character and really expected the typical Hollywood ending. But this whole story was just great. The way the characters interact made me want to rewrite my own story completely. (I wonder though, did you plan out the story beforehand or just start writing? I'd love it if you PM'd me with an answer to that.)

I don't know how you managed it but you were capable of making three or four chapters of pure dialogue pretty fascinating. I'm talking about the Hannah/Miranda part. In the end, the plot itself wasn't unique or exceedingly original, but the execution was 'goddam' awesome. Better than any after-war stories I have read up until now.

I love how you portrayed the romance. It wasn't fluffy and pink but actually very realistic. It just fits my imagination of how such a lovestory would unfold perfectly. Perhaps my only qualm is the way you wrote Tali, but then again, I think it was justified and made sense in your story.

I was a bit surprised by Shepards harsh treatement of the crew in the last chapters but once again, you didn't throw it at us without any basis. Your transformation was gradual and made perfect sense.

You even managed to pull off a brilliant bittersweet ending. It made me think of the ending in Lord of the Rings. The fellowship breaks apart and it isn't a bad ending, but both terribly sad and good. The scene with Joker really pushed that point and I kept thinking about how they had all gone through so much and were now going their seperate ways. I was a little teary while reading your final chapters.

Oh, I nearly forgot. I loved the fact that it was Garrus who killed the marauder. That was another really good plot idea and has probably pulled more than one emotional reaction from your readers.

I'd end here, but I want to at least give you a little constructive criticism. I think the only problem for me was 'telling'. On occasions. It's a problem I still have and I'm going to tell you what Palaven Blues told me. (Paraphrased.)

"John was angry" is telling
"John clenched his fist and slammed it down on the table." is showing.

You did show most of the time, but since you would also tell on occasions, I'm not sure if it was intentional of not.

Either way, great, great story. Probably one of my favorite Mass Effect fanfictions and that's saying something since I started off with a negative bias towards one of the main characters.

Happy writing,
Ave.
Rake1810 chapter 32 . 9/11/2014
Definitely the best post-war ME fic I've read and one of the best overall. I thought you wrote the most realistic Shepard I've read.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/21/2014
Tali acts like a fucking suit rat whore here. Always hated that dog leg quarian bosh'tet!
683 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »