Reviews for The Fourth Option
Matthew G Given chapter 16 . 3/2/2014
Wow the only word I can come up with to describe that is intense.
Matthew G Given chapter 15 . 3/2/2014
That was just so great. i love Miranda looking out for Shepard and laying things out in a logical way and the fact that everything has two side to it. I know i have said this before but i will say it again,your writing reminds me a lot of Babylon 5. That is no faint praise coming from me since I think Babylon 5 was the best written sci-fi series ever made and you are starting to match it in complexity. The way Miranda discribed Cerberus and Hackett reminds me of the Nightwatch on said series. You are doing an amazing job and I am hooked and will be sorry when this story is over.
Matthew G Given chapter 14 . 3/2/2014
I felt Hanna Shepard was a way under explored character in the game,I mean we never saw her face so any Fic that gives us something of her gets a thumbs up from me. You did a good job writing that section and I can't wait to read the next. Oh and with what is Hackett is asking her am I the only one who is reminded of the Bible story where the priests tried to use Jesus' mother and brothers to get him to stop preaching? Also did it ever cross Hackett's mind that the moment they pretty much ordered Shepard into the Spectre program and put him in charge of the war he lost control of Shepard? Seems to me that since the Spectre's do out rank him then the alliance already chose to give Shepard a higher rank,just not in the normal way. They didn't object when it got them what they want and Hackett didn't mind when Shepard was able to run secret ops for him back in Mass Effect 1. What Hackett is saying about Shepard does remind me of what was being said by Clark about Sheridan in the third and forth seasons of Babylon 5. This has become one of my favorite pieces of work on the site. Good job.
Matthew G Given chapter 13 . 3/2/2014
Yeah that chapter was fun,I was wondering when the video would come into play.

Again you did a great job with Tali. Still I am not sure Shepard lying is going to get him very far. People will put up with leaders who lie in war times but that can come back to bite them in peace time because people have a chance to think and feel safe and will wonder if they can trust the person. At some point Shepard is going to have to find another tactic besides threats and lies if things are going to continue to work long term.
Matthew G Given chapter 12 . 3/2/2014
Wow,that flashback was amazing. I wish we had gotten something like that in the games. it really fleshed out Miranda's character. Also I think you nailed why Tali is my favorite character in the whole of the Mass Effect universe. Yes she may be weaker then others but she stays true to herself and as hard as it is she doesn't let things break her and while she may not see it she sometimes has insights that other people don't. She isn't perfect but i think she is a better person then she gives herself credit for and somehow she is able to keep thinking the best of people,even the enemy she is supposed to hate she is willing to work with after Shepard opens her eyes. i know that this is a Miranda fic but I think you got Tali in a way few writers on this site do. Good job.
Matthew G Given chapter 11 . 3/2/2014
Really good chapter. One point if Miranda is in trouble for working for Curburus,shouldn't Shepard be in trouble too? Also can Hackett really afford to pick and choose at this point,how many people are there left that know anything about command and a Normandy class ship. Nice to see Joker. it's also good to see Shepard standing up for Miranda. I know that this is a really old story but i feel like I have to review each chapter because I have only just found it and it is really good.

Thanks for writing it.
Matthew G Given chapter 10 . 3/2/2014
Great chapter,you do a really good job with these character moments. Oh and the lack of a clear XO or chain of command in Mass Effect 3 really bugged me,you would think Shepard would have wanted it to be really clear who was in charge in case something happened to him so the whole war wouldn't be lost. Screwed up chains of command lose battles and wars that is why the military always keeps them clear and easy to follow,thank you for giving a character reason for the muddled mess. I am loving this story,you did a great job with it.
Matthew G Given chapter 9 . 3/2/2014
As someone who really likes Tali i think you got her right,good job.
Matthew G Given chapter 8 . 3/2/2014
Yeah I agree but I think Shepard will only be able to motivate people post war if he finds his old self again since there isn't a threat breathing down their necks and you can't be doing the right thing out of fear and expect it to last. There has to be something more then fear or guilt and I hope that is the direction this story is taking.
Matthew G Given chapter 7 . 3/2/2014
Good chapteri don't know what the unedited version was like but all I can say is James had better not call Miranda "legs" to her face,he's lucky Shepard put up with it. Oh and thanks for keeping Tali alive,she was always my favorite character and I really didn't want her to end up dead.
Matthew G Given chapter 6 . 3/1/2014
Thank you for giving a reason that at least works for Miranda staying away and making it personal and not plot based. The plot based reason never made much sense to me since the whole time Miranda was looking for her sister the Normandy seemed to be going to the same places and after she was found the Normandy seems to be the only safe place left in the galaxy. So the only reason i could come up with for her not being there was that she didn't want to be there,you did a good job dealing with it. Also good job dealing with the sterility issue,it seemed really odd to me that this wasn't addressed in the game and to me it was yet more proof that Mass Effect 3 was rushed out the door before it was ready. You did a good job dealing with this,thank you.
Matthew G Given chapter 5 . 2/28/2014
I think the ending was bittersweet enough with all the people who died in the game like Thane and Anderson but to each their own. Also the ending of any much loved story is always bittersweet even if no one dies. I still feel a little sad every time I watch Return of the Jedi and no one died in that. Any way you did a good job with this chapter.
Matthew G Given chapter 4 . 2/28/2014
Garrus needs to live and if I were Shepard I would deck Hackett for holding Miranda's location as means to force me to remain in the military after everything I had done.

Good chapter.
Matthew G Given chapter 3 . 2/28/2014
Garrus and Ash really are gone? Now I am depressed again:(
Matthew G Given chapter 2 . 2/28/2014
I went through the same thing with losing my will to play mass effect as well then writing fan fiction and the fan made mod restored it. Good job on this story so far. If you have the PC version you should check out the happy ending mod,it really is impressive what a small group of fans was able to pull off.
683 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »