Reviews for The HalfBlood Prince
BiffyBlue chapter 1 . 3/21
Lily and the Halfblood Prince and it's sequel is hands down the best fanfiction I have ever read. It has become my complete personal headcanon for the backstory of Harry Potter. It's been roughly two years since you've updated but I still find myself checking for updates every few months. I sincerely hope you decide to continue it but even if not you are a wonderful author and I just wanted to send you my thanks for these marvelous stories.
CC chapter 21 . 3/5
Together with its prequel, it's the best two fanfictions I ever read in my life. I love everything about it. The writing style. The attention to detail. How everything fits perfectly with canon. The emotions. The emotions are so well written. Also, I don't think that this 738 450 words story you've written is a fanfiction in my opinion. It's too much of it's own story to qualified. It's just too good to be true. I hope you will start writing it again one day.
wickedwendy chapter 21 . 8/5/2013
I made a new FanFiction account just to follow your story and ensure I am aware of all updates. I haven't used followed a fanfiction in almost five years; your story has captivated me. Although there are a few details I disagree with-some more wholeheartedly than others-you have accomplished in my eyes to retell Snape and Lily's story beautifully (I also read Lily and the Half-Blood Prince).
I hope you update soon.
Wendy
kittysparkleeyes chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I really hope you choose to continue this fic, I really miss it!
wild-life-lover chapter 21 . 7/17/2013
Please update soon! I love this story!
Reader chapter 21 . 7/15/2013
I can't express how much I love this and the lily and the half blood prince fanfiction! Your writing is beautiful and the story is engaging and believable. I can't wait for the next chapter, thank you for writing!
Avery chapter 18 . 7/2/2013
See this is my problem with this story. First let me say, it's YOUR story and it IS brilliant in many ways. However, I just don't see canon being how you describe it.

Severus seems the aggressor in many situations, even though canonically he was more likely a constant victim of the marauders, ESPECIALLY during 7th year when James wielded all the power. I don't believe Severus EVER instigated any altercations with James.

James, on the other hand, comes off as an "arrogant toerag." However, this is the flaw with JKR's books. There's a contradiction between how James acts and how he is described. He is described by other characters, including Severus, as "arrogant," but his actions are sadistic at best. It's obvious that JKR is trying to paint James as from Pride & Prejudice, and Lily as Elizabeth Bennet, but the worst that can be said about is that he's arrogant. The worst that can be said about James? Needless to say, MUCH worse. James is no Darcy. I wish at least one character in canon would come out and call James what he is, a monster, but even Severus never went that far. Despite his actions, the worst anybody had to say about James is that he's an "arrogant toerag."

And like I said before, in the Harry Potter books, redemption is earned through decades of self-inflicted emotional pain. Why should James get a pass?

Anyways, I will continue to read your story because as I said, it is brilliant, but I'll admit I'm kind of nervous.
Avery chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
Loving the story. Keep it up.
Avery chapter 6 . 7/1/2013
Oh geez, is this the part where the marauders are portrayed as decent people? There is no evidence of any of them every being decent people besides the way they sacrificed themselves. Despite other characters, like Severus and Dumbledore, having to EARN their redemption through decades of self-inflicted emotional pain, people like James get a get-out-of-jail free card despite inhumane levels of cruelty inflicted on others.

Of course, many authors feel the need to reform James in order to justify Lily's eventual falling for him, but all canonical evidence points to James lying and manipulating Lily into it. The assumption is always that Lily is a perfect judge of character, despite frequently regurgitating or at least tolerating lies fed to her by James and his friends, even after she marries him.

Alas, this is your story, and it's quite brilliant all things considered. It's just that I don't feel any attempt to reform the marauders (except for Remus, though his irresponsibility put the lives of many others in danger when he became a teacher and during his school years) can be said to be true to canon.

It would be unfortunate if Severus were portrayed as anything worse than a gullible young adult, whose interest in the dark arts was purely academic.
Mari83 chapter 21 . 4/17/2013
I read this chapter in the middle of the night after waking up from weird dreams and reading about the Grimm didn't help exactly:-) (Of course the next day I realized it must be Sirius – no wonder James ignores that bad omen) Other than that, loved it.

Loved the conversation between James and Lily, standing on the sidelines and observing – that pensiveness is something new for James that I love to see and it mixes with his old concern and protectiveness for Sirius and the bad consciousness about Remus.

"His breath smelt of stale beer and vomit. He had his unshaven face pushed up close to his, and bleary eyes glared at him belligerently, their once-sharp blue clouded, red-veined and tinged with the first signs of jaundice. Severus resisted the urge to turn his face away, for he couldn't stand offensive smells, but instead, he gazed at his father levelly, becoming calmer just as his father grew more angry. He knew this would infuriate him even more.
Glad Severus finally has the means to stand up to his father. I can certainly see the future Prof. Snape in his cool behavior.

"He had been very surprised to see her."
Well, that goes to his credit, I guess. I really like the idea of Lily seeking professional help for understanding the events in the cave – she does have that trust in authorities and learning. And I really like your Professor Magus, calm and learned and consulting other people in his field – it makes his job look far more professional and less bizarre-eccentric than Trelawney.
ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 21 . 4/15/2013
Nice chapter :) Can't wait to see what happens next!
vAMPkIMI chapter 21 . 4/14/2013
I think...I think that I am slowly becoming okay with the idea of lily and james being together. this chapter for some reason gave some finality to severus and lilys relationship. i do enjoy how james is slowly integrating himself into lilys life. i dont suppose that since james came into lilys room at the end of the chapter, you could have them speak to eachother about the visions and "signs" theyve been seeing? maybe help lily get some insight into what could possibly be their future together? this was another amazing chapter from you and as always ill be looking forward to your next update. ciao!
Osced chapter 21 . 4/14/2013
I got the feeling like Lily will get together with James because of some vision, and I don't like it. I feel most of the background of Harry Potter would be destroyed if that happened But I have faith in you...

But I enjoyed the new James Potter and how Lily really are seeing him in another light. And Sev is out an doing something, will it be explained later what he's doing?

/Osced
snickerdoodle10201 chapter 21 . 4/13/2013
Wow what a cliffhanger! I love the dramatic irony in this chapter with regard to the Grimm/Sirius. I have a feeling the next chapter will be drama-filled between Lily and James moving forward in their relationship and wherever Sev is going (will he be getting his Dark Mark perhaps?)...
CaroH99 chapter 21 . 4/13/2013
You are doing a great job with showing the way James is slowly creeping his way into Lily's life. the hints regarding her vision about a boy that looks like james facing voldy, as well as him reediming himself in her eyes by "changing his ways" has all been treated nicely indeed. though i hate that sev and lily are not talking to each other much anymore, i have been looking forward to reading what you came up with regarding this part of their lives, and so far you are delivering as beautifully as you have always done! :) will be waiting for the next update :D