Reviews for The HalfBlood Prince
Guest chapter 18 . 2/1/2013
NOOOOO SO SAD! :( :( Great chapter, even though I'm crying now
Mari83 chapter 18 . 1/29/2013
Yet another painful parting. We'll see how long it will last this time – you have them drifting apart but also keeping drifting back to each other. I'm glad that at least everything is out in the open now and they had a conversation not based on hidden plans and emotions.

'Where's your Prefect?' he barked at the little ones.
'She's not our Prefect,' piped up one little boy with a shock of carrot-red hair, 'We're Ravenclaws!'
'I don't care if you're Cornish Pixies!' Severus growled 'Where is she?'
Ah, future Professor Snape emerging.
vAMPkIMI chapter 18 . 1/23/2013
sev my poor babby *clutches my pained heart* i feel so bad for him. he loves her and he just cant seem to say the right thing. (though lily isnt helping either really)
GingerGal chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
The complete realization of these two characters is inspiring and absolutely wonderful.
It is such a gift to read these pieces.
ALCORE MORTIS chapter 18 . 1/20/2013
Oh damn! I know I say this every time, but it bears repeating: fantastic chapter. I loved all the back and forth between Lily and Severus, seeing them drift closer together, then further apart... and then Potter ruining everything in the end even though he's not there. I feel like this chapter just by itself almost defines their relationship through this entire story. Or rather, lays everything out right here.

And when Severus was the one to leave this time... that was a kick right in feelings. And it was beautiful. I didn't think it would be possible for him to hate Potter more... but I'm guessing next time they meet, it's not going to be pretty at all. Or even less pretty than it already is.
Saint Snape chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
That was a killer chapter. I want to just cry.
Isabella248 chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
Wow, just wow. You sure know how to write and make each chapter uniquely interesting and heartbreaking.

I been wondering for a while on how you would go about describing this particular crossroads and you did it in a way that I don't believe anyone could've expected. This entire chapter literally screamed out "heartbreak" and "goodbye." I mean, everyone was certain what was going to happen but it was so riveting that it still shocked me.

I have to say, the way you wrote this regarding Severus and Lily's choices, and the fact that now James would be in the picture, was without a doubt one of the most amazing things that has happened. So at last Severus and Lily address the issues with maintaining any form of relationship with each other: their different beliefs, values and position in the war; his fascination with Dark magic and her complete abhorrence with it; and their worst fears (him losing her in one form or another; she giving up her soul and entire self for Severus). And the way you ended it, with Severus realizing that Lily's view of James having undergone a transformation of sorts, was one of my favorite parts. I have to say, I felt my heart nearly break when Lily asked Severus to be the one who maintained his distance, 'cause she understands that she can't do it anymore, and again when Severus pleaded to change if only to keep her in his life (I have to say, I almost wanted Lily to take his word and say yes, until I remembered that it's too late). All of it was just "Wow!"

Again, brilliant job. I'll be on the lookout for your next chapter. :)
snickerdoodle10201 chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
Wow this was a fantastic chapter! Really wonderfully written and so tragic at the end. Can't wait to read what happens next!
trinculolo chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
This chapter is so bloody COMPLICATED! GAAHHH!

"It would be so easy to tell her that from now on he'd have nothing more to do with Voldemort and his Death Eaters. It was so beguilingly tempting – he could feel his resolve wavering..."

When I read this, I kept on thimking: Do it, Severus. Do it, do it, do it. Unfortunately (as expected), it did not happen. sigh.

'Perhaps we should never have looked for a way out of that bloody cave!' he muttered.

I wish so too...
Osced chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
OMG this must be the best chapter. It weaved in all the plotlines for Severus/James/Lily and made what's in the future much more believable. I really didn't see this coming, in the middle of this chapter I really thought that Lily might chose Severus. Severus believes and power hunger was really clear in this chapter and it felt really clear that they really couldn't be friends anymore, Lily would never join the Voldermort and Severus has already joined him. It's like Lily said, they are each others nightmare.

About Remus resigning from prefect duty and James might join, it doesn't sound correct. But logical it make sense, James ought to be a prefect before he can be a headboy. And we really doesn't know how long Remus was a prefect, we only know that he was a prefect. I'm really looking forward to read the next chapter.

/Osced
CaroH99 chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo! AAAAA gods girl, you do know how to write the best cliff-hangers ever! I knew this day would come but it's so hard to read it. i loved this chapter, from their body language to all the things left unsaid hanging between them.. Gods, poor Sev. Now he knows James will be in the picture and aaa, it's just breaking my heart even if i've longed to reach this point to see how you will handle it-and i already know you'll do a fab job. Congrats on this chapter! Looking forward to the next update a lot! x)
ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
Great chapter! I like how you had it take place in a Muggle Studies classroom! Can't wait for the next update :D
ALCORE MORTIS chapter 17 . 1/7/2013
Apologies for the exceeding delayed review. I kept the window up to remind myself to write one and then completely forgot to do so.

I have to say, I absolutely love the, for lack of a better word, cattiness between dear James and Severus. It was brilliant. Especially with Madame Pomfrey looking on, getting increasingly irritated. Snape having to heal Potter was also a nice touch... it can't possibly improve their already inimical relationship.
Mari83 chapter 17 . 12/28/2012
'Mapleblossom? That animal-loving fool knows nothing,' Voldemort said, contemptuously, 'She knew just enough to send some curious schoolboy she befriended to seek out her brother, worried about his fate, and too frail to seek him out herself. Wanting to learn of his visions about this war, she got Lupin to do it for her."
I completely missed that part (and was fooled by the nice old ladyness of your Mrs. Mapleblossom), her having a less noble motive for sending Remus and Lily up there.

"Severus saw Selwynn and Karkaroff exchange an even more incredulous look. He stood straighter, prouder, suppressing a grimace of pain as muscles pulled on broken ribs. He knew, at the back of his mind, that Voldemort was an expert at flattery – he had seen him at work with new recruits once in an abandoned house at Little Hangleton – but still, it felt bloody good to hear appreciation instead of condemnation for a change!"
And if Severus had grown up being appreciated, he might not be craving it so much. I love that he recognizes flattery as flattery yet at the same time needs to feel like an equal– and a more talented equal – to Voldemort's pure-blood followers.

'My arm is broken and you've taken my wand, so I guess Potter will just have to get used to the taste of Blood-replenishing Potion! Pity it tastes like salty muck!'
Madam Pomfrey scowled at him. 'Just tell me the counter-curse.'
'I seem to have forgotten it.'

It's sad that out in the cave and the forest both Severus and James weere able to suppress their animosities enough to act responsibly, but as soon as they're back in the relative safety of the castle, they're back to acting like violently petulant teenagers. Reminds me a lot of Harry and Draco.

'Look- I know it's not a simple bruise that's got you hunched up like that, Severus. D'you want me to fix it? I can, you know – my mother taught me how. You know she's got this arsenal of healing potions and spells...'
There can't come anything good from Rosier's too close observation.

His mind was suddenly in overdrive: why had she come? What did she want to tell him? Why the hell did he have to be asleep!? He was an incurable insomniac, and yet that one moment it counted, he had to be bloody asleep!?
Too bad he missed Lily. Curious how she dealt with the emotional up- and downs regarding him during the last day.
kittysparkleeyes chapter 17 . 12/27/2012
Been a while since I reviewed, but rest assured I am always checked out for updates!
I love how you are directing this fiction, and that you are developing young Severus into the man he will become, rather than some romanticized, tragic hero as he is often portrayed in other fan fics and art. I like your measured approach with James, and whilst I can never be a big fan of preppy, popular kids I feel its important to see that Severus is not exactly the innocent party and James does have positive traits that later allow for his relationship with Lily develop. I pity Snape; he's incredibly blinkered and unable to recognize that he cannot become and minion of the dark lord AND be Lily Evan's lover. He has dug himself a hole he is probably unable to back out of by fraternizing with death eaters in search of recognition. He can't seem to see that he is enough for Lily as he is; he doesn't need status- he's very immature. At the Same time it's becoming difficult to entirely like him- his approach to Remus' fate foreshadows his attitude to James and Harry when he discovers he has put the Potters in mortal danger. Severus lacks empathy unless it's someone HE cares a about. This probably stems from the negligence and abuse he was treated with as child, but it doesn't entirely mitigate it. His reluctance to offer up the counter-curse for septumsempra shows how he is able to be quite sadistic towards someone he has a relatively petty teenage vendetta against. I would imagine as a death eater he will have to be capable of witnessing great cruelty- and possibly need to endulge in it. We saw how in your first piece Severus was able to watch his peers effectively torture Mary and not intervene, and this is a further development of his "sketchy" and rather selective moral approach.
251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »