Reviews for The Layton, The Witch and The Top Hat
Poke1228 chapter 29 . 5/8
Oh my gosh... I just finished reading this, and even though it's been complete for a while, I just have to say:

This is a beautiful piece, and it is frickin' hilarious!

The little bracket comments, the little references, the "director's notes"- Absolutely fantastic, I was laughing the whole time. (The brackets were especially great. – quote by Bracket, 2017)

It was also really nice to have the "studio" thing, and the humour is, again, spot on! In fact, I found myself trying to get through chapters as fast as I could so that I could read the continued director's note at the bottom... It's really creative that you chose to do your A/Ns this way, and it was nice to see all the characters in a setting that you don't find in many fanfics, and give the main story a side story (woah... meta-stories...). The "Mary Sue trial" was beautiful, btw, and your interactions with Clive (and everyone else too, but especially Clive) were very entertaining.

The little quote drops were very nice too, with the "it can't end this way" and the Anton one, which were both clever and funny since they're being used in a different context yet still make sense.

I'm sorry I can't really express myself properly, but just know that I really, really enjoyed the humour in this story! I also commend you for being able to write author notes that were thoroughly entertaining, quite an unusual trait among A/Ns ;)

So thank you for writing this! Keep up the great work, and I hope you have a nice day!

(P.S. I apologise for the preposterous length of this review :') )
themusicalcat chapter 22 . 1/10/2016
... Descole, you went too far this time. You deserve whatever you get-
themusicalcat chapter 14 . 1/10/2016
... I suddenly have a great need to see Descole in a maid dress. Wonderful job, Emmy.
themusicalcat chapter 12 . 1/10/2016
"the King muttered something about beds."
DESCOLE NO-
themusicalcat chapter 5 . 1/10/2016
"I am the King- not a queen"
Pshhhhhh-
Nah
Descole, you're totally a queen... A drama queen.
themusicalcat chapter 4 . 1/10/2016
HE'S the queen?
brb crying
this is just too glorious
like even better than using Chelmey's name in that way-
my gosh
WritingintheMoonlight chapter 29 . 2/1/2015
Wow. I think I lost count of the number of times this made me laugh. Simply amazing- I was absolutely delighted to find this. Much more than a job well done.
unicornboo chapter 29 . 8/15/2014
Wow brilliant adaptation
Loved it
You should definitely do a sequel!
Guest chapter 3 . 8/6/2014
This first part is funny,I hope it will continue this way
areadinggirl chapter 29 . 4/24/2014
I LOVED it! Pretty please make a sequel?!((also teenage Randall/Lando is probs my favorite character in the games, cause his attitude reminds me of me...))
Hikari R chapter 29 . 11/3/2013
Totally worth my whole Sunday. IJust sayin' the truth. o
Luciano Fyro chapter 29 . 10/15/2013
Hey MJ! Well, Epilogue of this story is really awesome! And it looks like I'm going to die laughing when Anton said, "To the Clear Northern Sky, I give you King Clive the Crazy..."
Verdamnt. I do not understand some part in this story. But I was still able to follow the story. So, I'm happy because everyone are happy! Okay that's weird.
Well, I think it's enough. I'm sorry If there're mistakes in my review. Update the Sequel soon. Sampai jumpa (Good bye)
ShadowsOfTheSupernatural chapter 29 . 10/4/2013
That was possibly the best ending I have ever read.
That was amazing :D
Abitat Eco chapter 29 . 10/1/2013
Hahahaha! My favourite bit! The crowning-I majorly LOLLED at KING CLIVE THE CRAZY! ;D ;D ;D And Don Paolo lol. Older Luke...poor horsey...buuuut thank you ever so much for entertaining us with a fantastic parody MJ! I simply cannot wait for the sequel and well done for your C! XD XD XD XD XD Hmm...Bonus Chapter...um...ah...something including Grosky! :) :) :) :) Anyways awesome job and best of luck with the future world of Larnia! Plant peace for the planet, take care and see you around soon! Abbie :) :) :) :) :)
Waterpokemkn chapter 29 . 10/1/2013
No! It's all over! I can't believe it! Lucky Clive... That ending was brilliant! The bit with the teacher? Amazing! I loved all of it so much!