Reviews for In Darkest Night
jamelia116 chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Very nicely written codea. I especially liked the part where she's looking out at the stars, and she knows who is coming behind her without turning around because she knows his step so well. Lovely, evocative phrasing.-jamelia
Luna12 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Great missing, canon moment that needed to be addressed. My heart always breaks for B'lanna when I watch that scene in "Bliss".
BonesBird chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
must write actual words, Shin. Just a string of letters is not going to win awards from anyone.

There are so many P/T moments that are written on here that I WISH we'd seen, and this is one of them. I mean, she took it SO hard in Extreme Risk, so why wouldn't she take it hard the second time around.
PinkAngel17 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Oh wow! Sooo good! It was tense and emotional and such a great addition to the episode. And Tom was especially sweet. Very nicely done and definitely in character for them both.
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
What I really like about this story is how B'Elanna opens up so directly and it's a true insight into her experience during that situation. The end is great because at the beginning, we see how her world is completely shaken up and how she has options of how she's going to handle it. But she chooses to lean on someone who she loves and loves her for support which is a wonderful bit of growth for the character. Really lovely.
longnite chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
This was a difficult scene for B'Elanna, but one you allowed the character to show a little behind that curtain of her's. Very much enjoyed that it was Tom that she was motivated to share some of those pains and even some fun moments that meant so much. Very well played indeed! ;)
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
What a sweet and poignant story.

I love this glimpse into B'Elanna's character and her reactions, especially those surrounding the deaths of her Maquis comrades. We know from canon that she did not take that turn of events well, and this only expands on those wounds that she now has.

I also like the reference that you made to 'Extreme Risk'. I feel like B'Elanna would be in a similar mindset after something like this, being in a dream that was so close to reality; she would be wondering how she could tell what was real from what was imaginary. I like that.

Her discussion with Tom is perfectly suited to both their characters and really shows the bond that they've forged over the years, and how very close they are.

Lovely job :)